Tiger was doing 87mph in a 45 mph zone

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Wasn't this part of your post back on page 2? Iffff there is a pattern of this kind of behavior.....iffff there could be a continuing behavior of this sort.....there has been. This isn't a shot out of the dark....the guy has issues.

Yes....there is a part of me that just wants to get someone. Granted.....they are guilty (in my opinion) and I don't want the rich/famous to keep getting by with things just because they are rich/famous. Most people are really sick of wealthy/famous/influential getting the soft treatment when they (me) don't get the same rights. Amazon doesn't pay the taxes they likely should.....not their fault really...the system LETS them. The system shouldn't let them. Rich/famous people shouldn't get by with behavior that ordinary people can't get by with.....but they do. I don't mind someone being rich/famous.....I do mind if they get special treatment.

Hit a fire hydrant in 2009 fleeing from his wife who was trying to get at him with a 9 iron.
DUI in 2017
High speed crash in 2021.
I'm not aware of any others.

3 incidents over 12 years, none similar to the others. Trust me when I say this is not a pattern or continuing behaviour; they are 3 separate incidents. Patterns & continuing behaviour occur far more frequently, I've seen enough DVLA printouts to know that.

I don't know if your issue is with the rich & famous generally or Tiger specifically, but either way I'll leave it there as far as your thoughts on this topic go. Have a nice evening.

Mandofred

Visit site
Hit a fire hydrant in 2009 fleeing from his wife who was trying to get at him with a 9 iron.
DUI in 2017

3 incidents over 12 years, none similar to the others. Trust me when I say this is not a pattern or continuing behaviour; they are 3 separate incidents. Patterns & continuing behaviour occur far more frequently, I've seen enough DVLA printouts to know that.

I don't know if your issue is with the rich & famous generally or Tiger specifically, but either way I'll leave it there as far as your thoughts on this topic go. Have a nice evening.
Fair enough. Me....over all those years.....no accidents.....no drugs.....It's a pattern.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. Me....over all those years.....no accidents.....no drugs.....It's a pattern.

But you could have been driving like an idiot, speeding like a loon, pissed, doped up, asleep, no insurance, no tax, no MOT, no license, but just haven't been caught. What does that prove?

Mandofred

Visit site
But you could have been driving like an idiot, speeding like a loon, pissed, doped up, asleep, no insurance, no tax, no MOT, no license, but just haven't been caught. What does that prove?
Ahhhh, go the negative route. I guess it's possible........incredible luck I would say......and officials and police aren't likely doing their job.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ahhhh, go the negative route. I guess it's possible........incredible luck I would say......and officials and police aren't likely doing their job.

Not being picky, but when was the last time you actually saw a traffic cop? Me? Years ago, may be a decade. If you don't crash, you might never see one now.

Mandofred

Visit site
Not being picky, but when was the last time you actually saw a traffic cop? Me? Years ago, may be a decade. If you don't crash, you might never see one now.
I see them quite regularly. Although I wouldn't know what jobs they are doing. I see plenty of Police cars/vans while driving to the golf course......I think probably almost every time I go I'll see one. I agree with you that it's not as much as I used to. I guess it's just part of the changes they have been steadily making over the years.....no idea when it started on the big reduction in numbers. BIM would know I guess. Like some posts yesterday? they could zap quite a few people leaving our place once things open up again. The course is outside of town and I think people are just used to having a pint or two (or more) and it's a fairly quiet drive back home. I've gotten so it's not worth even having one......feel a bit anti-social at times.....but I would like my drivers license to stay in my wallet.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When I drive into work, I go through Watford, down the M1, round Staples Corner, and down the A5. The cops are out on Staples corner doing weights etc on HGVs most days, but not cars, and they speed trap outside Bestway cash and carry once a month. That is it. I could drive like an absolute spanner round Watford, and I could go crazy down the M1, and not trouble the Police at all.

There is the odd plain clothes car though. Not sure what they do.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

The reduction in traffic officer numbers coincided, give or take a year, with the start of austerity.

When I joined traffic in 1999 we routinely covered a considerable chunk of three major motorways and had to ask express permission to leave them for meal breaks or any enquiries we had to make. They were fully and effectively policed.

Roll the clock forward to now and my old department has been dismantled to such an extent that most traffic officers wouldn’t know a tachograph if it bit them on the backside, and my old force does no routine motorway patrols. They are just another force resource used for all manner of incidents.

They were viewed by top brass as a costly luxury, with a small percentage of officers accounting for a huge slice of the budget, and largely wound down. It’s not that many years ago my force insisted on a traffic sergeant being on duty somewhere in the county 24/7 - now you can go days without seeing one.

So your observation is spot on. Traffic is a dirty word in policing circles these days.

Mandofred

Visit site
There are two places on the way to the course that have vans/camera's set up. One of them only every couple of months or so.....sneaky spot though at the bottom of a hill in a 40 zone.....if you coast you will go over the limit. The other one I see about once a week, so I am assuming it is a regular speeding spot. Like a lot of other things (like NHS), areas seem to be "better" than others. Harrogate and surrounding area are probably a bit posh....so that's my theory (no idea if I'm right or not).

Billysboots

Visit site
There are two places on the way to the course that have vans/camera's set up. One of them only every couple of months or so.....sneaky spot though at the bottom of a hill in a 40 zone.....if you coast you will go over the limit. The other one I see about once a week, so I am assuming it is a regular speeding spot. Like a lot of other things (like NHS), areas seem to be "better" than others. Harrogate and surrounding area are probably a bit posh....so that's my theory (no idea if I'm right or not).

Those sites are very, very unlikely to be managed by traffic officers. Road safety units, which provide speed detection, are almost entirely staffed by unwarranted civilian staff. The distinction between them and traffic officers couldn’t be more stark.

Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking that traffic officers spend their time dealing with speeding complaints. They don’t.

evemccc

Visit site
DUI in 2017

Except that it is you who is missing the point; driving under the influence is a reckless, arrogant thing to do. You are not just taking your own life into you hands, you are potentially endangering the lives of other road users. The same thing stands with speeding at close to double the speed limit. It is entirely a selfish thing to do, that does risk other people's lives. Woods did this twice in 4 years.

Surely you don't need to have lost someone due to other drivers selfish actions to know that, but if you had, you certainly would.

Billysboots

Visit site
Except that it is you who is missing the point; driving under the influence is a reckless, arrogant thing to do. You are not just taking your own life into you hands, you are potentially endangering the lives of other road users. The same thing stands with speeding at close to double the speed limit. It is entirely a selfish thing to do, that does risk other people's lives. Woods did this twice in 4 years.

Surely you don't need to have lost someone due to other drivers selfish actions to know that, but if you had, you certainly would.

I think, with respect, that it may be you who has missed BiM’s point. The post you have pasted is clearly referring to the fact that what Woods has been guilty of, over a period of many years, does not form a recognised pattern of behaviour. And I agree. It doesn’t.

If you think the poster doesn’t grasp the impact of bad driving then you really do not understand your audience at all. The impact may need pointing out to a great many - I think you may find BiM is not one.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
DUI in 2017

3 incidents over 12 years, none similar to the others. Trust me when I say this is not a pattern or continuing behaviour; they are 3 separate incidents. Patterns & continuing behaviour occur far more frequently, I've seen enough DVLA printouts to know that....
Except perhaps the lack of respect for the potential damage that his irresponsible/selfish driving could cause!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I wonder how many times Tiger has driven under the influence of drink and or drugs and not been caught.
Maybe he has been caught but the chief of police made it 'go away'.

We will never know but one thing is true, if he has only had 3 incidents in his whole driving career and has been caught every time, he must be really unlucky.

Billysboots

Visit site
I wonder how many times Tiger has driven under the influence of drink and or drugs and not been caught.
Maybe he has been caught but the chief of police made it 'go away'.

We will never know but one thing is true, if he has only had 3 incidents in his whole driving career and has been caught every time, he must be really unlucky.

Equally possible he’s done it just the once. You’re spot on - we’ll never know, but the suggestion other transgressions may have been brushed under the carpet is perhaps a little bit conspiratorial.