Tiger was doing 87mph in a 45 mph zone

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey - that’s going at some speed , lucky to be alive , even more so to not be prosecuted

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And they are taking no action......hmmmmm. Can't help but think if it was me, they'd be taking action.

Doubt it; he has inflicted more penalty on himself than they can, beyond the car owner there appears to be no other injured or out-of-pocket party, where is the benefit in a prosecution. The court of public opinion will inflict more damage on him.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Reckless driving in California... not less than 5 days in jail OR a fine of not less than $125 and not more than $1,000. For more jail time and/or a bigger fine he would have had to injure someone else.

Bit of a waste of the court's time for someone who has given himself life changing injuries, including self-imprisonment whilst he recuperates and no doubt a medical bill that far outweighs a small fine.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Reckless driving in California... not less than 5 days in jail OR a fine of not less than $125 and not more than $1,000. For more jail time and/or a bigger fine he would have had to injure someone else.

Bit of a waste of the court's time for someone who has given himself life changing injuries, including self-imprisonment whilst he recuperates and no doubt a medical bill that far outweighs a small fine.

If he got a driving ban he'd probably serve it on crutches. And given the current climate, the phrase "not in the public interest" is probably even more pertinent than usual. Absolutely nothing to be gained from a prosecution.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Doubt it; he has inflicted more penalty on himself than they can, beyond the car owner there appears to be no other injured or out-of-pocket party, where is the benefit in a prosecution. The court of public opinion will inflict more damage on him.

Spot on. I often NFA’d single vehicle, sole occupant jobs even if there was a nailed on careless driving offence if the driver had seriously injured themselves. My rationale was always that - the courts couldn’t impose worse penalty than the driver had on themselves.

The only times I ever departed from that was if the driving history was such that a disqualification was in the public interest.

And I agree with those whose sympathy is maxed out. Woods is a fool.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Spot on. I often NFA’d single vehicle, sole occupant jobs even if there was a nailed on careless driving offence if the driver had seriously injured themselves. My rationale was always that - the courts couldn’t impose worse penalty than the driver had on themselves.

The only times I ever departed from that was if the driving history was such that a disqualification was in the public interest.

And I agree with those whose sympathy is maxed out. Woods is a fool.

And rightly so. Simple common sense. (y)

Mandofred

Visit site
If he got a driving ban he'd probably serve it on crutches. And given the current climate, the phrase "not in the public interest" is probably even more pertinent than usual. Absolutely nothing to be gained from a prosecution.
The question I have (as mentioned above), would I be prosecuted for a similar situation? I don't know enough of the rules to know for sure......but I tend to think I would. At least fined a bit heavily....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am on the other side of the coin .
He should be prosecuted to show the law is for everyone even the rich.
It would create a job for a driver if the ban was long enough.
He should have to pass another driving test and the ban starts then.
The laws on stupid motorists need stepping up.
It was only luck he didn’t hurt anyone else.
The next guy in court is going to claim he shouldn’t be done Tiger wasn’t.
Just my opinion formed from my personal experience of tosses in cars. That’s what Tiger was.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
The question I have (as mentioned above), would I be prosecuted for a similar situation? I don't know enough of the rules to know for sure......but I tend to think I would.

Well, the two people on this thread who used to deal with these things for a living don't think you would have been.