Those little green side chips.

D

Deleted member 29109

For me. Slightly forward.

I've recently started to hit them with the toe slightly down rather than a flat sole. Made a world of difference to the consistency and quality of contact.

I also use my hybrid quite a bit.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me. Slightly forward.

I've recently started to hit them with the toe slightly down rather than a flat sole. Made a world of difference to the consistency and quality of contact.

I also use my hybrid quite a bit.

Cheers.
I do a lot of 8/9 iron chip and runs but I've been fatting chips that needs any sort of height recently. If it's a longer shot that requires wrist hinge I'm fine, ball near the front of the stance, weight more on the front foot, but a cute little stab over a bunker I'm fecked lol

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers.
I do a lot of 8/9 iron chip and runs but I've been fatting chips that needs any sort of height recently. If it's a longer shot that requires wrist hinge I'm fine, ball near the front of the stance, weight more on the front foot, but a cute little stab over a bunker I'm fecked lol

stop seeing it as a stab may help greatly too :)

Swango1980

Visit site
Open stance, ball level with back foot, lean on front foot, and swing my wedge just like a putter (no wrist break). This promotes hitting down on ball, and no flipping of wrists. I know others have different techniques, but this was a game changer for me when I had a lesson with a pro years ago. Best lesson I ever had.

That technique made me one of the better chippers at the club, well that is what I'm told. I don't need to worry about contact on the ball, and my full attention is on feel and distance control, just like a putt. Pretty easy to get used to once you know how the ball will react off your club face (I always use P Wedge, as I know it will be the same every time, and it is just about how hard to hit ball).

I'm glad I have this shot in my locker, as my ball striking on normal shots is horrific. As long as I do not get into too much trouble in the trees / water, my typical round would be low / mid 70's (Par 70 course), with usually no more than 4 or 5 greens in regulation and 21-28ish putts. Really honing in on it just takes practice though, I'm not chipping it dead as often as I'd like since returning from lockdown.