Thorpeness GC and hotel.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Played it loads and stayed quite a few times. I love the course. It's a proper old school course and in Summer can be really tough, the gorse and ferns swallow balls relentlessly. Errant drivers may find it hard work. The Hotel has gone through a few changes, it did have a bit of a lull about 2-3 years ago where it lost it's way. Recent trips have been better and value for money is good. One of my favourite venues to return to.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have played it and I think it's a great course. You will enjoy your time there. The pub nearby serves excellent food.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good interesting course. Harder than it looks in my opinion. Rough and bunkers punishing. Hotel stay was good

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Good interesting course. Harder than it looks in my opinion. Rough and bunkers punishing. Hotel stay was good

We used to take a mixed ability group there, and it was one of those courses which was still a good challenge for the lower handicappers without beating up the higher handicappers.

micklson66

Visit site
Have played there twice. Enjoyed the course despite not playing well. Got caught out by the bunkers a few times
Course was in good condition and as others have said is a fair test for high and low handicappers
Have not stayed at the hotel

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
We stayed there on a weekend break it’s a nice area

I played one round and found the course enjoyable, it was popular with society’s accommodation was basic but ok hotel/clubhouse bit of a strange mix I believe a hotel chain brought the club so an old clubhouse mixed with a hotel chain breakfast was basic - we did not dine there as plenty of pubs/restaurants locally