This weather?!?!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
This has to be some of the worst weather we’ve had at this time of the year in a long time?

Courses around us are already closing and it’s only mid October... not a good sign for the winter ahead

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s much needed for us - the rain and warm air is going to do wonders for our course , a lot in this area desperately needed watering and this rain is perfect.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah certainly been pretty crap. Some courses may need it if they have failed to look after fairways properly , i played toot hill yesterday and it was in fantastic condition. No rain needed there. Same for chigwell a couple of weeks back.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah certainly been pretty crap. Some courses may need it if they have failed to look after fairways properly , i played toot hill yesterday and it was in fantastic condition. No rain needed there. Same for chigwell a couple of weeks back.
Or with two summers of heavy drought the grass has burnt away and without a sprinkler system in place means they have struggled

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never been shut yet but have moved beyond preferred lies (had them for 2 Comps) to Exceptional Winter Rules a good month before normal. Greens remain incredibly good but getting longer... as is the grass everywhere as green staff can't take heavy equipment onto most parts of the course.
May start to look at the options for Indoor Bowls this winter. :p:p

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
even links courses are pretty soft up here, softest i've ever seen Dornoch and Nairn is playing very long. but in saying that the warm conditions and rain have repaired all the dammage from last summer and our course changes damage.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It has just poured it down around Manchester for the last few weeks, we got permission to go onto preferred lies in the middle of September it has been so bad, it doesn't bode well for the conditions in winter if it is so wet now.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Our course closed today (Somerset) due to excessive rain for what seems like a very long time. It’s probably not but it sure seems like it.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Our course has been closed a few times over the last couple of weeks to try and protect it for the remaining comps. I played yesterday, preferred lies in place and very sodden in places so doesn't bode well for winter if we don't have a dry spell soon. Think we'll be on mats as soon as winter league starts tbh

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
We've had non stop rain for weeks. Played yesterday and the course was bone dry under foot, apart from a couple of bunkers that were out of play due to water, but overall the course was tremendous condition.

I'm hopeful of getting a few holes in tomorrow weather permitting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Very wet in places and more rain expected this afternoon.
Not getting enough dry days to let the course dry out.
Fingers crossed for a mild winter. 🤞

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess it depends where you stay. Here in Perthshire we haven't had that much rain and the courses remain in excellent condition for the time of year. (Who said it always rains in Scotland?)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We've gone from Summer golf to Winter golf in the space of about 10 days.
Very soft under foot, no run on the ball and big pitch marks.
Another wet week ahead......:poop: