Things to do in St. Andrews

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm tempted to queue up on the tee but I'm not the most patient of people so roughly how long would you expect to wait?

Also with the Dunhill being on the week after, what's the chances of seeing any of the pros kicking about having a practice round?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn’t bother trying for the Old the week before the Dunhill. It’s always rammed that week with the hoi polloi in town. Normally I encourage everyone to give the singles queue a go except for that week before and after.

I was lucky enough to see around the V&A in Dundee at the weekend - it’s just opened - and it’s fantastic. With the Discovery (of Scott and Shackleton fame) right next door you can easily lose a day to those two.

Plenty of nice restaurants in and around St Andrews. The best is the Peat Inn, which is a few miles away if money is no object, but the Adamson, Forgans, and Balgove Steak Barn are all reasonably priced and do good food.

Botanic Gardens are nice for a stroll.

Other than that it’s mostly just coffee, ice cream and walks on the beach.

Pretty good place to do nothing on the whole :)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Drive out to Anstruther for fish and chips. We had fish and chips, bread and butter and tea in a mug for around £9. One of the highlights of the trip for some.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recommend spending an evening or two eating and drinking in the Dunvegan, very close to the 18th green on the Old Course.

Worth it for the hours you will spend having fun recognising all the golfers, movie stars, politicians, music stars etc that decorate the walls and ceiling.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Has anyone mentioned a trip round the golf museum yet? Excellent way to spend some time.

D

Deleted member 17920

It is, as long as you're not proportioned like Captainron. I recommend checking portion size of each dish before deciding. :D
😂😂😂😂 his face was priceless.

I recommend the pie, it was so so so much bigger than the lamb 😋