Things That Gladden The Heart

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sat outside on the decking with another very large glass of wine, birds are cheeping, dogs are barking.
It’s a little bit cold but is the better weather finally upon us? 🙏

How I wish, but the forecast for next week is cool and wet. Totally fed up with it. I've never thought about living in another country when we have so much that is good here. If we have another grey and wet summer though I might seriously consider somewhere warmer.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A very decadent evening snack/meal. Various meats, cheeses Mediterranean vegetables and…. Wait for it….. drum roll….. a bottle of champagne found lurking at the back of the beer fridge.🍾

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had house to myself tonight and had a couple of beers and spent the evening buying and selling vinyl.

Really got the buzz for it back and now buying more than I’m selling trying to fill the gaps in my collection that I never could back in the day.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Last night went with Mrs SILH to see Two Pints with Will (Mellor) and Ralf (Little) Podcast Live at the Nottingham Concert Hall. Our lad had allocated us best in house guest tickets, great seats and it was very silly and very funny indeed - we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. You don’t need to have listened to the podcast to get it. Apparently they are going to do a southern venues tour at some point fairly soon. Worth going along - though it’s def over 18s only.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Kids with their dad all weekend, She Who Must Be Obeyed away on a hen do (look out Cardiff) so I have the house to myself for the weekend and most importantly not getting shouted out for leaving the toilet seat up
I hope you took the opportunity to turn the toilet roll the wrong way round and squeeze the toothpaste from the middle as well. :D

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
What to have to eat? Been a busy week, so not much in that grabbed me.

Battered haddock with one of my favourites, patatas a lo pobre. Sliced new potatoes done in olive oil with peppers and onions. I add a bit of paprika.

1714242920287.jpeg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Battered haddock with one of my favourites, patatas a lo pobre. Sliced new potatoes done in olive oil with peppers and onions. I add a bit of paprika.

View attachment 53006
My mum would always pull me up if I said battered haddock - it’s haddock IN batter - you are not beating up the haddock 🥰

PaulMdj

Visit site

View attachment 53006
Looks lovely, are potatoes par boiled? Frying pan? Oven, Potatoes cooked first then peppers & onions added?