Things That Gladden The Heart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Killing myself laughing at American adverts, Jesus they love a drug advert and every one of them comes with a side effects warning that mean you possibly end up with more conditions than you started with.
Best warning so far, “don’t take this if you are allergic to it…”

I get litigation culture is mad over here but every one is a hoot.

Also, sage advice not to share needles with pets… that one I don’t even wanna know the story behind.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Killing myself laughing at American adverts, Jesus they love a drug advert and every one of them comes with a side effects warning that mean you possibly end up with more conditions than you started with.
Best warning so far, “don’t take this if you are allergic to it…”

I get litigation culture is mad over here but every one is a hoot.

Also, sage advice not to share needles with pets… that one I don’t even wanna know the story behind.

There are some great ads. Have you seen the advertisement for blue none stick pans with the limited time offer of some free baking tins, or the soon to be discontinued laser emergency breakdown beacons?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are some great ads. Have you seen the advertisement for blue none stick pans with the limited time offer of some free baking tins, or the soon to be discontinued laser emergency breakdown beacons?

Not seen those but sweet Jesus some are just hilarious(ly bad).
And they love a random celeb in an Ad. Kevin Hart hawking Chase bank is the one that’s on ad nauseum.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this should be in this thread or random irritations....
Today marks 15 whole years since I signed up to this place....15 bloody years..
What was I thinking....:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Mate I will have done 16 years in May. Not sure that there are many still on here that pre date me.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Not seen those but sweet Jesus some are just hilarious(ly bad).
And they love a random celeb in an Ad. Kevin Hart hawking Chase bank is the one that’s on ad nauseum.

Ads aside. How are you finding NY (presuming that’s where you are)? We went at Christmas and I was expecting to hate is as I don’t particularly like big cities. But I absolutely loved it, and would go back tomorrow.

I could spend a week just eating in the area around Chelsea Markets.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ads aside. How are you finding NY (presuming that’s where you are)? We went at Christmas and I was expecting to hate is as I don’t particularly like big cities. But I absolutely loved it, and would go back tomorrow.

I could spend a week just eating in the area around Chelsea Markets.

This is our 13th time here. Although it’s the boys first time. Love it here and it’s the one place I could happily move to.

It’s such a massive place that even after this many visits, we still haven’t seen everything we want to.

A week is never enough really.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Drove to the station this morning and discovered there were no trains. Completely forgot about the strike because I was working from home yesterday anyway. In years gone by I'd have been annoyed, but now it just means a bonus WFH day. Win.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who is the oldest (in terms of join date!) on the forum?

Not sure that I can remember many, if any, that are still on here that were posting when I joined back on May 8th 2007. There were a number who were signedup before me who were regulars who have all moved on now.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I believe the 1st 3 were Mike, Tappers and Luke Norman who all worked for GM and set the forum up.
They signed in under assumed names, got the chat going and mugs like us joined up ..and back then there was little to no moderation.......
Not many from 06-09 left now but that's the way it is.. people come, people go....or get Fraggered....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I believe the 1st 3 were Mike, Tappers and Luke Norman who all worked for GM and set the forum up.
They signed in under assumed names, got the chat going and mugs like us joined up ..and back then there was little to no moderation.......
Not many from 06-09 left now but that's the way it is.. people come, people go....or get Fraggered....

Smiffy enticed me over from the dark side in 2011. Had some great trips/outings, and miss many of those that have moved on. Obviously RickG is a major miss, bless him.

Some great debates, and friendships. Some of the debates have been a bit hairy but behind the scenes there’s been great back and forth PM’s with people who some might think aren’t worth the effort, and they might think the same about me… life goes on.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally getting up to the Bronx Zoo after the lad insisted and we got a corker of a day with 14 degrees and sunshine (not bad for March in NYC).

Zoo is a lovely place, shame about the subway ride up being a bit harsh on the arris (seats are terrible for long journeys).

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
So the cat (formally Basil) has been with us for a week and he’s absolutely bonkers but soooo sweet. Loves to play, climb and dashes around the house like a mad cat.
We toyed with a few names, Rory Catllroy was in the mix for a while but as he races around the house so much we’ve decided on Hairton Senna or Senna for short.
Can’t wait to let Senna out once he’s had his second jab 👌