Things That Gladden The Heart

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
New (for her) car ordered for the Mrs this morning, she’s been looking for a good deal on a Tucson for a while and we spotted one on line last night. Phoned the garage up at 9 this morning, asked a few questions and laid the deposit on the phone. They’re not local so going to deliver it next week.

Bish bash bosh, nice and simple
You're a bad man Steve....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Because you're not a culinary philistine, maybe?

must be a norm amongst golfers, watching a couple of lads get there halfway house bovril yesterday, complete with brown sauce and pepper “ to enhance the flavour of the Bovril” I am told ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New (for her) car ordered for the Mrs this morning, she’s been looking for a good deal on a Tucson for a while and we spotted one on line last night. Phoned the garage up at 9 this morning, asked a few questions and laid the deposit on the phone. They’re not local so going to deliver it next week.

Bish bash bosh, nice and simple
I don't like you anymore.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
While out walking the dog this morning, got talking to a lady with a blind Visla. Both eyes had to be taken out because of some infection. Really happy girl he tail was wagging the whole time.
Dogs really are amazing creature's

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mrs d, our son and I went to the O2 last evening to the "Young Voices" choir and what an evening it was. 8,000 primary school children all singing for all they were worth, including our 10 year old granddaughter. They had various guest artists, a beat box group, street dancers, Heather Small and a most amazing violinist who walked from one end of the arena to the other while playing and teamed up with the beat box team on stage - absolutely brilliant, as were the kids!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm in Richmond this weekend with my wife and son, we love it here, been many times.

We went to Hawes today, home of the Wensleydale Creamery. It really is a 'happy place'. Great cafe, cheese toastie obviously ?, bought loads of cheese in the shop.

About to have coffee and cake, read my book, out for the Toon match at 5.30 and then we've booked a tapas bar at 7.30. Great day ?

(Funny moment in the cafe. A lady on the next table asked for a skinny latte. The look of disgust from the person serving was fabulous. It's a creamery you muppet, take your watery milk request elsewhere ?. They don't do them by the way)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been looking to update my Audi MMI to have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Led to believe that Audi could charge £600. Even third parties want a few hundred.

By chance, saw a YouTube video where the guy said access this link, if your car is compatible, you can upgrade free.

It was. And now the car is updated for free. ?

[EDIT] Going to see if I can do similar for Audi maps database.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Been looking to update my Audi MMI to have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Led to believe that Audi could charge £600. Even third parties want a few hundred.

By chance, saw a YouTube video where the guy said access this link, if your car is compatible, you can upgrade free.

It was. And now the car is update for free. ?
Presumably you can afford a Bettinardi putter now......:unsure:;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going for a walk on Hankley Common this morning.

MUO3zxc.jpg

1MXB6a5.jpg

GadDC3k.jpg

XBp12Rj.jpg

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm in Richmond this weekend with my wife and son, we love it here, been many times.

We went to Hawes today, home of the Wensleydale Creamery. It really is a 'happy place'. Great cafe, cheese toastie obviously ?, bought loads of cheese in the shop.

About to have coffee and cake, read my book, out for the Toon match at 5.30 and then we've booked a tapas bar at 7.30. Great day ?

(Funny moment in the cafe. A lady on the next table asked for a skinny latte. The look of disgust from the person serving was fabulous. It's a creamery you muppet, take your watery milk request elsewhere ?. They don't do them by the way)

once went on a walk/ hike around the hills overlooking Hawes. The final destination was the Creamery. Anyway we got lost once or twice and we were literally sprinting through the village to get to the Creamery before it shut. We got there just in time before it shut, only to find it was open for another hour. ? Us four were hanging out of our arses. Me mates Missis was knackered and tripped up about 100 yds from the creamery and broke a bone in her wrist. ? although at the time we thought it was not serious and just took the mick. They had some fantastic cheeses on the sale rail.
Theres a fantastic second hand bookshop in Hawes where I have got some of my vintage Dandy annuals from.?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
About 3 years ago I renovated the stair rails in the house (too much work/expense to replace the entire stairs), very basic upgrade to white oak rails (3 x 3.4m lengths running up the stairs) replacing what was these very dated dark stained/varnished planks.

I was going to just get rid of the old boards but for some reason decided to keep them in the workshop (then just a garage). Fast forward to now and I am redecorating my son's bedroom and he needs a new bedside cabinet. I have no idea why but I decided to surface plane one of the old stair boards and found that they are actually really nice American Cherry underneath all that horrible stain and varnish. Amazing grain and colour variations across each board. So over the weekend I have started making a basic cabinet out of them. Then got carried away with the new Domino joiner and added a decorative leg assembly.

Just the drawers to put together through the week and then give it a nice coat of hard wax oil.

Totally love the colours in the boards though. Amazing what lurks beneath something as simple as old minging stair rails.

Cab3.jpg

Yes, I know the legs don't fit underneath properly, but that's because I am yet to give the mitred edges a nice round-over that will make the inset legs look much better.