Things That Gladden The Heart

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Mrs deals with these teenies ..she's a ANNP at Stoke Mandeville NICU.....constantly amazed how something so small can kick on like they do..
All power to her tiny elbows??
In NZ where mine was also NICU there was a nurse there who'd been on the unit as a baby ,that really is a full circle ?
Should be home soon hopefully Chellie

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It's so hard for people to picture just how tiny they are. She's smaller than my water bottle I take to golf!

Hands the size of your thumb nail. Never fails to leave me in awe.

In a couple of days time it will be 29yrs since I was part of a transfer team that saw a very Prem baby transferred to Jimmy’s in Leeds. It wasn’t a straightforward transfer…

I cried at his 21st birthday party, watching him laughing and joking with family and friends. Don’t know where the tears suddenly came from - bit of a release maybe, or maybe I’m just getting old and sentimental. The job is more than a job, a vocation maybe. The urge not to leave at the end of your shift, and the urge to get back in as soon as you wake up.

For me, there’s no better job in the world. And even though 5yrs retired, when I watch the news and see the NHS in crisis I get that urge to get back on shift - a conversation I’ve had several times in the last couple of weeks.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm into sourdough baking and love it when a fresh loaf comes out of the oven

I have no baking skill whatsoever. I can cook very well but my baking just does not work so this panasonic machine is great. Flour, water, butter, salt and sugar in the mixing bowl, yeast in the yeast dispenser, nuts, seeds etc in the dispenser, press button and wait for bread to emerge. As it does everything for me and adds everything at the right time when it is needed, it is heaven for me. The fact that it has a timer as well means I can wake up on a Sunday to a warm, fresh loaf for breakfast.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Elizabeth line. Great piece of engineering and station architecture, albeit 4 years late and 4 billion over budget! Hopefully the unions will not deprive us of using it too often!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The Elizabeth line. Great piece of engineering and station architecture, albeit 4 years late and 4 billion over budget! Hopefully the unions will not deprive us of using it too often![/QUOTE]

Blaming the unions again. Very boring.
Union action is a symptom of an economic crisis not a cause.
Your disgruntlement is another symptom of that economic crisis, but the unions are not the cause of it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blaming the unions again. Very boring.
Union action is a symptom of an economic crisis not a cause.
Your disgruntlement is another symptom of that economic crisis, but the unions are not the cause of it.

Some people never learn and can't see the wood for the trees unfortunately.

Its a diversion tactic of the real issue and people buy it so easily.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…that I’m a member of a lovely golf club just five minutes drive away…the house is a building site with three rooms out of use - and the kitchen completely out of commission.

Will head off to club about 9am for breakfast and quiet, once I know the builders don’t need me about for anything.