Things That Gladden The Heart

CountLippe

Visit site
Now home after a lovely week in The Lakes staying at my cousins place - and old railway station outside Coniston. I’ve been going to the house for 50yrs since my aunt and uncle bought it in 1972 and know the south lakes area pretty well, but the weather this time and the walking were the best I can recall. Our walk up Dow Crag and down back by the ridge on Thursday were especially fabulous - the views to the central fells inc Scafell, Scafell Pike and up to Skiddaw in the distance were just awesome, as was our late afternoon session and dinner on Wednesday at a Windermere hotel spa.

Never done Dow Crag, but it always looks magnificent, especially from the old man.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Malibu. The first one you come to as you reach the barrier into the marina. Staff were brilliant. I had the seafood soup starter, followed up with dorado. Dessert was average but the wine was decent, and reasonable. Got the usual chupito, and then they bought us a second. Then got a free cocktail in the bar they’ve got at the end of the restaurant.
Will bear it in mind. Our current favourite is El Octopus in Calle Ancla (sort of just behind the square)

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
First time in four years I’ll have a dog free sleep after a night shift tomorrow.
My routine is normally walk them when I get home, walk them at dinner time then get up to feed and a little walk at 1700 then either stay up or get a nap before work again.

Tomorrow I will sleep, sleep like I’ve never slept before!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed/enjoying McCartney @ Glastonbury…and tbh a lot more than I thought I would. Dave Grohl…epic..now Springsteen…now that’s not a bad couple of mates for you ?

And actually all just pretty darned epic. Now that was good.

And thankyou BBC for bringing us Glastonbury…worth every penny of the licence fee.
I'm enjoying the highlight just now on BBC2, really impressed by the majority of the new talents on the show.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Discovering that the sound of F1 makes for excellent background noise…in the absence of anything else and when I require more than the sound of silence…ok…the first three corners were quite fun…?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Discovering that the sound of F1 makes for excellent background noise…in the absence of anything else and when I require more than the sound of silence…ok…the first three corners were quite fun…?

Go and play Montecastillo for a week.
It's only a few yards from the Jerez motor racing circuit at one point.
Cars and bikes hurtling around all day long.
Magnificent background noise!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Go and play Montecastillo for a week.
It's only a few yards from the Jerez motor racing circuit at one point.
Cars and bikes hurtling around all day long.
Magnificent background noise!
No thanks…it was good background noise for me when doing the ironing, but doubt I’d take to it when playing golf ?

D

Deleted member 15344

My daughters school today was celebrating their 50th birthday

over the last couple of weeks she has been singing a song and she wouldn’t tell me why but today we found out as her whole class sung the whole song with a dance routine - daughter enjoyed it a bit too much ????

Made my heart melt ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a couple of old friends down the links today .. been ages since I seen them because of the kids

The 7 handicapper reckons it's best course he has played since we all went princess in 2019

The 10 handicapper always enjoys it there

I played my best round in ages

Just a beautiful day all round