Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Come on, how did it go?

And more importantly (for some Atleast), have you figured out how to hit your hybrid again?
I have mentioned my round today under that topic…as far as my hybrid…my new favourite club, worked magic for me today and used it loads as quite a few long par fours plus the par fives. Amazed myself, but all down to my new way of thinking...I do it all in my pre-stance process, and so if I found myself pausing a bit too long over the ball (that might only be getting on for more than about 2-3secs) and so starting to think, then I stopped; walked away from the ball, and started again. Not exactly walk up and hit it, but not far from it.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Coming across a new word that isn’t but should be.

And so from Beau Geste…encyclopedestrian…someone who knows a lot about a lot of stuff…much more evocative and efficient than describing someone as being a ’walking encyclopaedia’.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I have mentioned my round today under that topic…as far as my hybrid…my new favourite club, worked magic for me today and used it loads as quite a few long par fours plus the par fives. Amazed myself, but all down to my new way of thinking...I do it all in my pre-stance process, and so if I found myself pausing a bit too long over the ball (that might only be getting on for more than about 2-3secs) and so starting to think, then I stopped; walked away from the ball, and started again. Not exactly walk up and hit it, but not far from it.

Yes, you can overthink it.
I reckon that's why Pros practice so much. "Give me the right club , I'll just swing it".
Same strategy as taking penalties. Overthink it, can go wrong. Just belt it, most likely go great.
I'll try your way, H, next game. See what happens

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, you can overthink it.
I reckon that's why Pros practice so much. "Give me the right club , I'll just swing it".
Same strategy as taking penalties. Overthink it, can go wrong. Just belt it, most likely go great.
I'll try your way, H, next game. See what happens
My pro convinced me by getting me on range to completely sort out my shot, see it, and get feel for what I was going to do, then walk up and, without actually stopping to take a ‘proper‘ stance, hit the ball. Of course it didnt always go as I’d envisioned but I was amazed at how well I could hit the ball...without taking a proper stationery stance and doing any thinking…

And then he got me stopping; immediately put club head behind ball and take stance; then a very quick look at target point, and hit it. No swing thoughts whatsoever.

Well it worked great yesterday ??

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Usually she is my prime random irritation but this made my day!

ROUND

First it was Good Morning Britain on the naughty step, now it’s Sky News’s turn to depart Downing Street’s good books. Guido hears that Kay Burley’s show has now been “benched” by the press team following a tawdry week of behaviour from the presenter, including retweeting Labour MPs attacking the government and launching a sustained attack against Rachel Maclean, involving taking her answer out of context and not dropping it for three days. They are watching closely…
Kay being put on the naughty step isn’t quite the full-on boycott seen by GMB, and ministers will occasionally feature. Instead she will have to fight for her place on the round on a case-by-case basis. A government source says:
“I get the impression the broadcast plan is to be as open and accessible as possible but Kay over sugared the tea this week. She was retweeting a Labour MP after the Maclean interview and was still going for her 2 days later. Think interviews with Kay will be judged on a case by case rather than a given basis.”
It’s not like she could ever ask questions on Partygate from a position of authority anyway…

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Usually she is my prime random irritation but this made my day!

ROUND

First it was Good Morning Britain on the naughty step, now it’s Sky News’s turn to depart Downing Street’s good books. Guido hears that Kay Burley’s show has now been “benched” by the press team following a tawdry week of behaviour from the presenter, including retweeting Labour MPs attacking the government and launching a sustained attack against Rachel Maclean, involving taking her answer out of context and not dropping it for three days. They are watching closely…
Kay being put on the naughty step isn’t quite the full-on boycott seen by GMB, and ministers will occasionally feature. Instead she will have to fight for her place on the round on a case-by-case basis. A government source says:
“I get the impression the broadcast plan is to be as open and accessible as possible but Kay over sugared the tea this week. She was retweeting a Labour MP after the Maclean interview and was still going for her 2 days later. Think interviews with Kay will be judged on a case by case rather than a given basis.”
It’s not like she could ever ask questions on Partygate from a position of authority anyway…

I don’t like the woman but picking and choosing whichever media outlet suits is a form of media manipulation, maybe even a form of censorship. Equally, if scrutiny was passed, there’s nothing to worry about.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My pro convinced me by getting me on range to completely sort out my shot, see it, and get feel for what I was going to do, then walk up and, without actually stopping to take a ‘proper‘ stance, hit the ball. Of course it didnt always go as I’d envisioned but I was amazed at how well I could hit the ball...without taking a proper stationery stance and doing any thinking…

And then he got me stopping; immediately put club head behind ball and take stance; then a very quick look at target point, and hit it. No swing thoughts whatsoever.

Well it worked great yesterday ??

Or was it that he heard you were the forums resident slowcoach ? ??