Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
some cracking restaurants down the curry mile, when we lived in Manchester the doctor who lived next door took us to his friends restaurant where we treated like royalty, to this day one of the best meals ive ever had. (wasnt veggie tho ;) )
A pal took a gang of us down curry mile one night. We got there about 1 am in the morning. It was rammed. I could not believe how busy it was. Had a gorgeous curry.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
No, one, we have emailed about sending them back, still waiting......

About the norm. Mrs BiM had her Amazon account hacked a while ago. The hacker ordered 2 items that were sent to us. She sorted out the account hack & repeatedly emailed Amazon as to how to return the items. in the end we just gave up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My lesson yesterday was very problematic, I struggled badly, and with me mentoring a couple of academy members tomorrow in the ‘turn of year’ competition I have been ‘just a bit‘ concerned that I would have a shocker and frankly be embarrassed by my play.

And so despite the dreich and cold weather I went to practice ground and hit 30balls with a 7i - it wasn’t great…but it wasn’t dreadful…my heart is gladdened - relieved that I decided to subject myself to the range.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Academy Texas Scramble went well and weather was fine. Before going out hit a couple of doz balls on range with 7i and driver, focussing on getting my shoulders properly aligned; stopped trying to create a backswing, and hit ball magic…in fact driver was pinging away better than ever.

Back to optimistic for the coming year ? starting with Winter K/O match Tuesday - though I am giving 14 shots ?

Last edited:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My 6yr old asked to come to the range with me last night, I said no as I was going to an hourly rate one, but said we could go today if she still wanted to - we went at lunchtime and she loved it, I may have to get her a bigger club, but she she had a great time and wants to go again.
Fast forward a couple of weeks, and she had her first lesson yesterday! A few tears at the start, but really enjoyed it, especially making me put the balls on the tee for her, off to buy her a better fitting club this week, and she needs a "golf outfit" apparently.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
A bit late, but seeing my children between Christmas and New Year. I hadn't seen my daughter for 2 years, and my son only once in that time. I live in Glasgow and they both live in Surrey. It was only a few days but so good to see them again, and the first time I had seen both their new houses.
Also, my missus saw her cousin again (who is like a sister to her), again for the first time in two years.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheese thins dipped in mushroom cup-a-soup. Going to try them with a tomato cup-a-soup later.

That has just reminded me, Heinz cream of tomato soup and buttered fresh bread. I know it is atrificial etx but there is something about that soup that is just so good.