Things That Gladden The Heart

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
about £300?

2013......63.50 per litr
2022......56.50.4.per litr

I have a bill from 8th March 2013. 600 litres at 63.50 per litre, inc vat £400.05 Todays Price 56.50 a litre. About £355.95 inc vat = Total saving £44.10.

That is what happens when you marry an accounts clerk then payrole/expense manager.:love:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A driver comes with a shaft because, well, it just won't work without one....
If you want a different one put in then you can when you order it.
Many shafts are no-upcharge and the price won't change.
If you want a weird and wacky shaft they can cost a couple of hundred or more.
To sell a bike without pedals is like selling a driver without a shaft.
In fact its not even a bike.....its a lump of metal or carbon fibre with a couple of wheels on it...you can't use it.
Surely it must come with a "standard" set of pedals that can be changed to the customer's requirements.?..
Does it come with a saddle?
Glad I don't buy bikes anymore....:LOL:

You're equating the wrong part of the equipment. You contact the driver at the grip; you contact the driver at the pedals.

As most human hands are pretty similar in design, most drivers come with a pretty standard grip. You might not be keen on it, you might prefer a different size, but you can probably use it.

With cycling shoes now being clip-in, if you buy a bike with the wrong sort of pedals on, then you've either got to buy the right sort of pedals (and you'll have a useless pair of pedals to get rid of), or you have to buy a new pair of shoes to fit the existing pedals (and will have another pair of shoes that you can't use). Much easier to sell the bike without pedals & let the customer choose what they want.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
2013......63.50 per litr
2022......56.50.4.per litr

I have a bill from 8th March 2013. 600 litres at 63.50 per litre, inc vat £400.05 Todays Price 56.50 a litre. About £355.95 inc vat = Total saving £44.10.

That is what happens when you marry an accounts clerk then payrole/expense manager.:love:
Then again, Feb 2015 33.94 per litre

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yep, the world's gone mad. Can now get away with anything.
Imagine the first bloke who said, seriously, "I reckon you can sell a new bike without pedals-then charge extra for them"

And they can?
It's the modern way. New iPhone. Up to over £1500 depending on model.

And I quote from their website "As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. ... But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase."

So £1.5K for a phone you may not be able to charge or listen to without annoying all those around you.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
And I quote from their website "As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. ... But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase."

So £1.5K for a phone you may not be able to charge or listen to without annoying all those around you.

I bought my wife an apple watch 7 for Xmas. No charger in the box. I get why, they say people have drawers full of them, which is true. HOWEVER!!! The new watch comes with a USB-C cable which is the small rounded one, it is a 'standard' but not common, and we didn't have one in the house!! So had to wait until the 27th to go and get one!! Fuming!!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It's the modern way. New iPhone. Up to over £1500 depending on model.

Isn’t that just marketing hype that translates into the company are saving production costs AND getting to charge extra for an accessory that used to included? The company have trotted out an ‘excuse,’ explained with marketing hype, and everyone has ‘bought’ into it.

RichA

Visit site
A small murmuration of a few hundred starlings over the town as I walked from the station. They swept back and forth a few times before all plunging simultaneously into the large tree I was walking past. Cheered me up on a cold, grey afternoon.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A small murmuration of a few hundred starlings over the town as I walked from the station. They swept back and forth a few times before all plunging simultaneously into the large tree I was walking past. Cheered me up on a cold, grey afternoon.
Just remember to put your brolly up if they fly over you.....:poop:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We had an Indian takeaway tonight. Firstly, as always, it was bloomin marvellous. Secondly, it's run by a husband and wife team and they are the nicest people. I've been enough now that we have a little chat but even before then they would always be full of smiles. You also get to see straight through to the kitchen and see the husband cooking. An artist at work, it's a real pleasure to watch a professional who knows his job. The whole experience from going in to eating the food is an absolute delight ?.
Love going out for indian ?
Always great service at out local one & great value.
We usually go for Christmas dinner.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My wife is up north at her mother’s and has been there since 24th, and as our lovely decorated tree only went up on the 22nd she has not been able to enjoy it. I have therefore decided to keep the tree up and lit until she is back…and can enjoy it - at least for a couple of days. It’s also nice coming through the door to our lit up Christmas tree in these dark days, because whilst there is now some hope, there is still a lot of gloom and uncertainty around…and the weather is rubbish…what the words cauld and dreich were invented for.

btw…you don’t have to take your tree and decorations down on 12th night…it’s actually ok to keep your Christmas lights and decorations in place for as long as you want, but in a religious context until Candlemas…that being when Christ was presented at the Temple and made known to the ‘world’ - and is the end of Christmas-Epiphany period (40 days)

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A failed delivery of GHD straighteners meant they didn‘t happen as a Christmas present. As we’d ordered in plenty of time I complained and asked for a compensatory consideration for the disappointment. After going through the investigation process to check we weren’t trying it on, we got the straighteners yesterday, with a can of heat protection spray thrown in. At £14.40 a can that’s an ok little consideration. Well done GHD.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
A failed delivery of GHD straighteners meant they didn‘t happen as a Christmas present. As we’d ordered in plenty of time I complained and asked for a compensatory consideration for the disappointment. After going through the investigation process to check we weren’t trying it on, we got the straighteners yesterday, with a can of heat protection spray thrown in. At £14.40 a can that’s an ok little consideration. Well done GHD.

My wife ordered a set in November for a Christmas present, we now have 3 sets sitting in the house, they never arrived twice and they sent out replacement sets, then low and behold they all arrived within days!!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife ordered a set in November for a Christmas present, we now have 3 sets sitting in the house, they never arrived twice and they sent out replacement sets, then low and behold they all arrived within days!!

Did you pay for three sets?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
My wife is up north at her mother’s and has been there since 24th, and as our lovely decorated tree only went up on the 22nd she has not been able to enjoy it. I have therefore decided to keep the tree up and lit until she is back…and can enjoy it - at least for a couple of days. It’s also nice coming through the door to our lit up Christmas tree in these dark days, because whilst there is now some hope, there is still a lot of gloom and uncertainty around…and the weather is rubbish…what the words cauld and dreich were invented for.

btw…you don’t have to take your tree and decorations down on 12th night…it’s actually ok to keep your Christmas lights and decorations in place for as long as you want, but in a religious context until Candlemas…that being when Christ was presented at the Temple and made known to the ‘world’ - and is the end of Christmas-Epiphany period (40 days)

Yes still a few around here with lights on…we always go to the MILs in Cumbria for a week right after Christmas, coming back on the 4th. Always seems a shame taking them down the day after. Feels like we have missed a chunk of crimbo.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love going out for indian ?
Always great service at out local one & great value.
We usually go for Christmas dinner.
A fiend of mine from my youth is a vegetarian, mum and dad the same. They go into Manchester on Christmas day for an Indian, Rushworth area from memory, have done for years. Fully understand why. If a roast isn't your thing it's a great choice ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A fiend of mine from my youth is a vegetarian, mum and dad the same. They go into Manchester on Christmas day for an Indian, Rushworth area from memory, have done for years. Fully understand why. If a roast isn't your thing it's a great choice ?

Rusholme, or better known as the curry mile. We had New Year’s Eve in the local curry house. Different but what a cracking idea.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

some cracking restaurants down the curry mile, when we lived in Manchester the doctor who lived next door took us to his friends restaurant where we treated like royalty, to this day one of the best meals ive ever had. (wasnt veggie tho ;) )

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rusholme, or better known as the curry mile. We had New Year’s Eve in the local curry house. Different but what a cracking idea.
some cracking restaurants down the curry mile, when we lived in Manchester the doctor who lived next door took us to his friends restaurant where we treated like royalty, to this day one of the best meals ive ever had. (wasnt veggie tho ;) )
So ashamed ?. Obviously Rusholme ?.