Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That is the name of the game for all BBC employees though, rightly so imo. If you want to be politically outspoken then don't expect to be paid out of the public purse.
I think it is the ‘there has to be balance no matter what’ bit that sent Eddie Mair from the Beeb to LBC. I suspect similar for Marr, as some of the ‘balance’ can be a very minority viewpoint - sometimes more generally considered and accepted to be unsubstantiated tripe - but on the Beeb it has to be heard with equal weight given.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it is the ‘there has to be balance no matter what’ bit that sent Eddie Mair from the Beeb to LBC. I suspect similar for Marr, as some of the ‘balance’ can be a very minority viewpoint - sometimes more generally considered and accepted to be unsubstantiated tripe - but on the Beeb it has to be heard with equal weight given.
Sorry but too much of this 'woke and snowflake' bullocks.
You soon won't be able to have an opinion of your own without having to refer to The Great Book Of What Is Acceptable To The "Correct" Minority'!
Wish I could insert some of a Billy Connolly stage show video ( totally politically incorrect, but so right) in here as a way of saying-"Take a hike and go on a long journey", that was sent to me earlier by a member here who feels the same (you know who you are-btw SWMBO was killing herself laughing-thanks)
Where does all this pandering to these 'luvvies'-who really need to get out and experience life--stop?
I honestly believe in equality and am against racial/religious/ sexual discrimination but these 'whiter than Doris Days knickers brigades' really. really get on my tits with their 'holier than thou' attitude and probably nil life experiences :rolleyes:
Is there an answer to this or is there even a problem?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry but too much of this 'woke and snowflake' bullocks.
You soon won't be able to have an opinion of your own without having to refer to The Great Book Of What Is Acceptable To The "Correct" Minority'!
Wish I could insert some of a Billy Connolly stage show video ( totally politically incorrect, but so right) in here as a way of saying-"Take a hike and go on a long journey", that was sent to me earlier by a member here who feels the same (you know who you are-btw SWMBO was killing herself laughing-thanks)
Where does all this pandering to these 'luvvies'-who really need to get out and experience life--stop?
I honestly believe in equality and am against racial/religious/ sexual discrimination but these 'whiter than Doris Days knickers brigades' really. really get on my tits with their 'holier than thou' attitude and probably nil life experiences :rolleyes:
Is there an answer to this or is there even a problem?
Billy Connelly had a video with the answer, but not sure if it could be posted or even played now. But it's still funny :confused: The terrorist attack on Glasgow airport , still on YouTube

Last edited:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Billy Connelly had a video with the answer, but not sure if it could be posted or even played now. But it's still funny :confused: The terrorist attack on Glasgow airport , still on YouTube
YEP, got that one as well; but thanks for yours yesterday, made the Boss laugh as well(y)
As to answer(s), blowing all the wimps/pc brigade/right-on luvvies/woke and snowflakes shower would be one (extreme) solution-but I still like the idea/spectacle of them being ripped up and spat out on televised interviews by the likes of Eddie Mair, Andrew Marr and Andrew Neill....BUT the big problem now is these interviewers HAVE TO BE NICE--WHY?-What's wrong with the truth/exposing all these frauds and liars??
As for this Insulate Britain mob gluing themselves to roads? Not allowed to drive over them?-FINE, superglue all locks/windows/points of entry into where they reside and let them hang around freezing, wet, staying with friends(?) and see how these muppets like being frustrated:rolleyes:
Was told the service for Mr. Smith was jammed, funny, respectful yet warming-No less than the MAN and his family deserve!
Am I being Draconian or too extreme? I don't think so, just frustrated at all this 'right-on' censorship

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Err

Thread is about "Things that Gladden The Heart"

Its about nice fluffy stuff that makes us feel good

Please take any negative / extreme comments somewhere else, as they are not wanted here

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Err

Thread is about "Things that Gladden The Heart"

Its about nice fluffy stuff that makes us feel good

Please take any negative / extreme comments somewhere else, as they are not wanted here
OK Phil...Sorry got sidetracked....BUT you really should watch the Billy Connolly vids on YouTube on Terrorism-they would 'Gladden-The-Heart' of a pacifist

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Overhearing a conversation at tesco today, of one you lady telling her friend her new boyfriend was from Lithuania.... isn't that in Poland was the reply.. ??