Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's Thursday .. wife doesn't work Thursday so no 05:45 alarm to get up to have the kids so she can leave ..

I'm not earlies so no 05:00 alarm for me to leave ..

Kids ALL slept past 6

Eldest woke me at 06:20

Best lay in since twins were born lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's Thursday .. wife doesn't work Thursday so no 05:45 alarm to get up to have the kids so she can leave ..

I'm not earlies so no 05:00 alarm for me to leave ..

Kids ALL slept past 6

Eldest woke me at 06:20

Best lay in since twins were born lol
I am absolutely not looking forward to a time where 6:20 is considered a lie in. ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am absolutely not looking forward to a time where 6:20 is considered a lie in. ?

Lol it's fine when you have one.. once he/ she decides to sleep through lay ins are possible .. plus you / the wife can take in turns to get up early with the kid

When it's 2 I dunno never had 2.. when it's 3 it's all hands on Deck ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Watching one of the greenkeepers driving a tractor and towing a massive leaf hoover up and down the course sucking up all and every leaf..
A thing of beauty and an every day job at this time of year.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watching one of the greenkeepers driving a tractor and towing a massive leaf hoover up and down the course sucking up all and every leaf..
A thing of beauty and an every day job at this time of year.
Lucky you! :(. At the mo' our course is too wet to get the tractor & Trillo out. So @#@#$#!! leaves everywhere...

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
None at all?? Where on earth do you go to relieve yourself? :LOL:

There are a few trees dotted about on the property, but only one on the course that is in play. Unless you are 50 yards right of the rough in the 4th. None of them cause any issues with fallen leaves.

I go to the toilet!

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Odd sock day at school for anti-bullying, SWMBO buys a pack of long socks for our Daughter to pick a couple from, our Daughter asked this morning if she could take the others in, "just in case someone forgets", and ended up helping two of her classmates who had forgotten - it would have been a third, but one of the boys didn't fancy the knee high, brightly coloured options!
Every day is odd sock day for me - drives the wife batty

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Andrew Marr leaving the BBC to join the Global stable of radio stations, let me guess that that will be LBC, to regain his voice.

At the same time though it is disappointing that he feels he has to leave the BBC to be able to speak his mind, but there you go.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Andrew Marr leaving the BBC to join the Global stable of radio stations, let me guess that that will be LBC, to regain his voice.

At the same time though it is disappointing that he feels he has to leave the BBC to be able to speak his mind, but there you go.
That is the name of the game for all BBC employees though, rightly so imo. If you want to be politically outspoken then don't expect to be paid out of the public purse.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I was 16, I rushed to work late wearing 1 brown shoe and 1 black shoe. :ROFLMAO:
Years ago (when doing golf weekends) went to Brancepeth Castle/ Seahouses and 1 other; wore a different watch on east wrist all weekend set to GMT and 1 at 1 hr slower, anybody asked, just told them one on Durham time and the other on Glasgow time!
Amazing how many folk would nod their head in understanding (that included couple of our lot)-DOH:whistle::rolleyes::confused::giggle:!!
Some folk, eh??