Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not that I've spotted so far but I've not really been looking out for them.
One of neighbours has a mature hazel tree at the bottom of their garden and it overhangs us…we get loads of hazelnuts dropping our side. The bleedin squirrels love em and dig up our grass to hide them for later…little holes all over the place - but I too get loads of nuts ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife did the Great North Run today and I was in Newcastle to cheer her on. To see the number of spectators cheering the runners, the joy in the city, the determination on the faces of the runners as they neared the end, the relief in the finish area, the names of charities on each t-shirt and knowing the money that is coming their way, all add up to be the epitome of this thread.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Perhaps doesn't fit on this thread as a bit self indulgent but wasn't sure where else.
Don't watch a lot of European Tour as it's on during the day, but today after cutting the grass had the tournament on the tablet whilst playing a couple of rounds on my "sim/game thingy". Something have been meaning to do for a while. ?

Miller

Visit site
Bit of an up and down this one.

I won a ballot as a Sky VIP to have a free driving range session. Great, I thought.

Then the truth hits home that it's limited to one bucket of balls.

Miller

Visit site
Still, better than a kick in the... things that go in the bucket.

True, but the range that Sky chose is about 45 minute drive away, probably isn't really worthwhile to drive all that way for a prize worth £9. Unlimited balls (or a decent time slot with free balls) would have been a nice prize.

Still, nice to know Sky cares about me.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a few too many on Friday night and stupidly signed up for a charity 10k run in a few weeks time, not a great idea specially as I've been suffering with a calf injury for the last 3 weeks ?
Yes it should be in random irritations but...
Went out for a steady run earlier, nothing stressful but the calf felt great and my fitness wasn't as bad as I thought, ended with 4 X 100m sprints to properly knacker myself as well ??

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The couple on tonight's Love it or List It are really nice and smiley. Too many people these days seem surly, grumpy, pouty, moody etc with an attitude that its refreshing to see people genuinely pleasant.