Things That Gladden The Heart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Next order for a set of speakers is going to be a challenge. Customer wants a proper old school looking set of big space fillers, proper monitor style. Going to base the design on the Klipsch Forte IV cabinets.

Looking forward to these ones.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You do realise that he lost an argument with a weather man, walked off and then quit? Of course the Daily Hate spins it in a misleading way, as is their wont.

congrats for mentioing the Daily Mail - i thought you would. It was there to back up facts - which is the point i mentioned. Not concerned with any spin that they or anyone else puts on it - see below for the words from OFCOM. Not concerned with the weather man - just a vindication for free speech calling out a serial liar for a multitude of lies and other totaly spurious and unsubstanciated claims that they fail to back up or provide any evidence of

'OFCOM is clear that, consistent with freedom of expression, Mr Morgan was entitled to say he disbelieved the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's allegations and to hold and express strong views that rigorously challenged their account,' they declared, adding that their Broadcasting Code 'allows for individuals to express strongly held and robustly argued views, including those that are potentially harmful or highly offensive, and for broadcasters to include these in their programming.'

It concluded: 'The restriction of such views would, in our view, be an unwarranted and chilling restriction on freedom of expression both of the broadcaster and the audience.'

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
congrats for mentioing the Daily Mail - i thought you would. It was there to back up facts - which is the point i mentioned. Not concerned with any spin that they or anyone else puts on it - see below for the words from OFCOM. Not concerned with the weather man - just a vindication for free speech calling out a serial liar for a multitude of lies and other totaly spurious and unsubstanciated claims that they fail to back up or provide any evidence of

'OFCOM is clear that, consistent with freedom of expression, Mr Morgan was entitled to say he disbelieved the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's allegations and to hold and express strong views that rigorously challenged their account,' they declared, adding that their Broadcasting Code 'allows for individuals to express strongly held and robustly argued views, including those that are potentially harmful or highly offensive, and for broadcasters to include these in their programming.'

It concluded: 'The restriction of such views would, in our view, be an unwarranted and chilling restriction on freedom of expression both of the broadcaster and the audience.'
No issue with that at all. But look at the way it’s framed in the article you posted. It’s spun like he was fired for what he said.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Suddenly realising that I can start the month Now TV pass I was going to buy for the Ryder Cup today and include the Tour Championship too! :)