Things That Gladden The Heart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I picked 2 systems one had 2 split units off one compressor that can go out front and one has 3 which can live off back of house so not too bad ..

If they had enough cable they could stick them both side of house that would be nice lol

We use portable air con in our room 3 months minimum each year and it's getting more and more

Plus when I'm nights I use it 9 months a year as get very warm sleeping in day

Solid investment lol..

Did yours need seperate wiring into the mains? This one implies just a plug into the ring main

For a "full fat" aircon system I would expect the current draw to be a bit more than a simple ring would be able to cope with considering you will still have your 'normal' current draw on it as well with TVs, Kettle, microwave etc.

Probably will need to be wired to an empty on your consumer unit to be on the safe side.

Assuming the CU is accessible and running the cable to the first unit is easy it shouldn't be too much work.[/QUOTE]

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose the only downside is the amount of hardware on the side of the house - flipping industrial size units out there but we don't notice it anymore!
If they are the same as the ones I see on holiday, I'm assuming they are, then they look to be the same as the new air source boilers that we are being forced into having going forwards. We are going to have to get used to seeing those, it will become no different to a Sky dish (remember the comments when they first appeared?)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For a "full fat" aircon system I would expect the current draw to be a bit more than a simple ring would be able to cope with considering you will still have your 'normal' current draw on it as well with TVs, Kettle, microwave etc.

Probably will need to be wired to an empty on your consumer unit to be on the safe side.

Assuming the CU is accessible and running the cable to the first unit is easy it shouldn't be too much work.
[/QUOTE]

The fact sheet says the triple system draws 10amp

Most would be 2 on each floor with 32 amp ring on each floor

Loft one unit 1 ring

I do have one 32amp MCB spare and the car is on its own one

Apparently one work around is a fused spur by each unit

Screenshot_20210722-082119.png

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they are the same as the ones I see on holiday, I'm assuming they are, then they look to be the same as the new air source boilers that we are being forced into having going forwards. We are going to have to get used to seeing those, it will become no different to a Sky dish (remember the comments when they first appeared?)

Look similar but these units can do heat aswell so can cut down boiler if Ness

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just arrived at the caravan for a nice long weekend.
Got a golf lesson at the local course at 1 and a trip to broadstairs planned for tomorrow am but other than that I don’t plan on doing much

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I lived in the south I'd be doing the same. You want to be comfortable and it gets hot enough, frequently enough to justify it down where you are.

Yeah it's getting stupid down here. 31 degree in my kitchen last night

30 in the girls rooms

Ours was like 22 or something with the portable unit on

We plan to live here until we die (providing nothing changes) so it's more of an investment as we don't plan to install it then bugger off in a few years

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It isn't cheap and some will say in this country it's hardly necessary BUT for the times when we have hot spells it is a delight. Plus we sometimes use it to quickly heat a room - it is especially nice in winter to step out of the shower and the bathroom is cosy and warm - way quicker than the central heating could have an an impact.

I suppose the only downside is the amount of hardware on the side of the house - flipping industrial size units out there but we don't notice it anymore!

missing ours so badly these last few weeks!! dont plan on being without again next summer

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Loft one unit 1 ring

View attachment 37666[/QUOTE]

How you getting 10Amp Paul? If the load is 7.9 Kw then you will be pulling 34Amp. (I can’t see all the info on the left though)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Loft one unit 1 ring

View attachment 37666

How you getting 10Amp Paul? If the load is 7.9 Kw then you will be pulling 34Amp. (I can’t see all the info on the left though)[/QUOTE]

10.8 seems to be the rated input current from the table which had me confused with the 7.9Kw load.
Unless 10.8 is the per unit and 3 x 10.8 is the full load?

That might be why its a 13A fuse per unit but the combined load would be my concern along with other appliances potentially pulling from the same ring.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yeah it's getting stupid down here. 31 degree in my kitchen last night

30 in the girls rooms

Ours was like 22 or something with the portable unit on

We plan to live here until we die (providing nothing changes) so it's more of an investment as we don't plan to install it then bugger off in a few years
I've finally got the Mrs and Kids to understand that opening all the windows when its roasting outside only makes it hotter inside. Her mum says different but finally we're getting there.

We have all the windows and blinds that face the sun closed all day. It helps massively to keep the heat out. And open on vent the windows in the shade with some fans blowing.

Then when the outside temp has dropped we can open windows to let some air in.

It keeps our house relatively cool.

Personally, I've yet to get to the point where I see the value in installing comfort cooling (its not air conditioning), as the cost just isn't worth it for the few days it would really be needed.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
How you getting 10Amp Paul? If the load is 7.9 Kw then you will be pulling 34Amp. (I can’t see all the info on the left though)

10.8 seems to be the rated input current from the table which had me confused with the 7.9Kw load.

That might be why its a 13A fuse per unit but the combined load would be my concern along with other appliances potentially pulling from the same ring.[/QUOTE]

Or the internal fan unit only pulls 10a (which seems high) and the external unit on the wall pulls the bigger load?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

That might be why its a 13A fuse per unit but the combined load would be my concern along with other appliances potentially pulling from the same ring.

Or the internal fan unit only pulls 10a (which seems high) and the external unit on the wall pulls the bigger load?[/QUOTE]

Could be, but as you say thats high for a fan unit.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Loft one unit 1 ring

View attachment 37666

How you getting 10Amp Paul? If the load is 7.9 Kw then you will be pulling 34Amp. (I can’t see all the info on the left though)[/QUOTE]

Apparently the kw hour is something to do with the cooling rating for the entire system

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Loft one unit 1 ring

View attachment 37666

Screenshot_20210722-105127.png

So yeah triple system total rating is almost 8kw on cooling

Each ring main would have 2 systems max on it so call it 6kw per floor

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've finally got the Mrs and Kids to understand that opening all the windows when its roasting outside only makes it hotter inside. Her mum says different but finally we're getting there.

We have all the windows and blinds that face the sun closed all day. It helps massively to keep the heat out. And open on vent the windows in the shade with some fans blowing.

Then when the outside temp has dropped we can open windows to let some air in.

It keeps our house relatively cool.

Personally, I've yet to get to the point where I see the value in installing comfort cooling (its not air conditioning), as the cost just isn't worth it for the few days it would really be needed.

Why is it not air conditioning if it's a wall split unit with windows closed?

I mean ATM all bedrooms and hallway are 25 which is getting hot not even midday

Kitchen is 27

By end of day you will be looking at 27 front rooms 30 back

Too hot

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

View attachment 37673

Each ring main would have 2 systems max on it so call it 6kw per floor[/QUOTE]

Ahh now I see the input power is 2430W that’s about 10A so you will be pulling just over 20A per circuit if they are running simultaneously. (Which they will) whilst it dominates the circuit it should be ok, unless the circuit also supplies your kitchen then you could have an overload.

(Regs recommend fixed equipment over 2Kw is wired on a dedicated circuit)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Why is it not air conditioning if it's a wall split unit with windows closed?

I mean ATM all bedrooms and hallway are 25 which is getting hot not even midday

Kitchen is 27

By end of day you will be looking at 27 front rooms 30 back

Too hot

That is toasty. Luckily we don't get up to those temps.

Air conditioning will have an element of filtration and humidity control. Anything else is just heating or cooling. But I'm just being pedantic ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is toasty. Luckily we don't get up to those temps.

Air conditioning will have an element of filtration and humidity control. Anything else is just heating or cooling. But I'm just being pedantic ?

It has that lol change filters every 3 months and has built in dehumidifier

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 37673

Each ring main would have 2 systems max on it so call it 6kw per floor

Ahh now I see the input power is 2430W that’s about 10A so you will be pulling just over 20A per circuit if they are running simultaneously. (Which they will) whilst it dominates the circuit it should be ok, unless the circuit also supplies your kitchen then you could have an overload.

(Regs recommend fixed equipment over 2Kw is wired on a dedicated circuit)[/QUOTE]

Yes it would supply the kitchen

However their are two ways round I think, fused spur at each unit or I have a spare 32amp fuse on the fuse board so could go into that

Upstairs and loft would be fine as no other real power draw comes from there

Car has it own RCD I think but it's seperate from my unit

Be interested to see how it works because the triple system will be one per floor and the 2 system will be 1 on middle and ground floor .. so the outside fans would either both be upstairs power ,one on each, or downstairs