Things That Gladden The Heart

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t sure if I should of posted this in the “Random Irritations” thread or the “Laughter the best medicine” thread but this month I took on another sponsored challenge, basically it was to run for a minimum of 14 days in Feb and cover 1 of 3 distances, 35, 70 or 125 miles, foolishly I took on the 125 miles:eek: all in aid of the local hospice who looked after my m-in-law in her last few weeks back in November.

The response has been great, but to give it a boost, my wife put on FBook that if I raised an extra £200.00 sponsorship I would wear a TuTu for my last run.

Tomorrow I will be wearing a tutu and fairy wings while running my last 5 miles, not sure whether to laugh or cry.:)

What's your drive mate?
I bought some new trail running shoes the other week but I haven't been out yet due to the weather. I hate running with a passion but I feel it's something I need to do for health and fitness reasons, it's like I need some form of goal to aim for.

D

Deleted member 16999

What's your drive mate?
I bought some new trail running shoes the other week but I haven't been out yet due to the weather. I hate running with a passion but I feel it's something I need to do for health and fitness reasons, it's like I need some form of goal to aim for.
Age and Family if I’m honest, Wife disabled, Son with autism, so just trying to be as healthy as I can for as long as I can for them.

And, without sounding corny, watching them struggle most days just to do stuff I take for granted I don’t think being sweaty or uncomfortable for an hour is anything to moan about.

Then finally a target, whether it’s Couch to 5K or to run non-stop for an hour.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
46th wedding anniversary tomorrow, we spent a honeymoon weekend in London and the temperature was about 18 degrees which is about what's forecast tomorrow ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hearing on Saturday that my cousin - nearly 40 and living with a serious medical condition - is 'expecting' in June. This is just so unexpected and great news - a lovely girl who since very young has had to undergo such as multiple bone marrow transplants as they struggled to understand just what she was suffering from - and they still don't really know 100%. But all through she has valued and loved life - and lived it to the full as best she can - and this news from her is such a joy for us all.

And so when hearing yesterday that our friend (who at 61 collapsed and died last week) suffered heart failure - I count my personal blessings and look at this news from my cousin as part of the balance of life that we know is there - but that we can - in times of great sadness - lose sight of.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
29th March, a few short weeks and it looks like I can sit in the garden with friends and have a beer. I have had no social contact outside of my wife since the end of October (those in lower tiers may forget that some of us are 4 or more months into this lockdown) and I am really struggling now with that (not really bad struggling just very moody and withdrawn). Nothing else really bothers me (OK a haircut would be nice) but this, having an end in sight, has improved my mood massively.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been out for my first run, well stop start run ?
Did a 4k loop into the woods and back, bumped into a mate half way round so stopped and chatted with him for 10 minutes ?
Felt ok, legs were a bit heavy from yesterday's mtb ride but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Only worry, my feet and ankles were getting sore again like my new trainers were too tight, had to stop and loosen the laces right of for it to improve, hopefully it's just new shoe syndrome.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just been out for my first run, well stop start run ?
Did a 4k loop into the woods and back, bumped into a mate half way round so stopped and chatted with him for 10 minutes ?
Felt ok, legs were a bit heavy from yesterday's mtb ride but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Only worry, my feet and ankles were getting sore again like my new trainers were too tight, had to stop and loosen the laces right of for it to improve, hopefully it's just new shoe syndrome.
Good effort mate, try for no more than twice a week for a fortnight or so and let the body recover, if you push too quick and annoy yourself you may just give in.(y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So the 'back to normal' date is June 21st, I've been laughing at people saying how they're going to go out and get smashed thinking pubs will be heaving and it's a Monday anyway. Then I check my calendar and realised I've got a ticket to see Idles on June 21st. :LOL: Oh well I guess I'm going out as well. (If it stays on.)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
So the 'back to normal' date is June 21st, I've been laughing at people saying how they're going to go out and get smashed thinking pubs will be heaving and it's a Monday anyway. Then I check my calendar and realised I've got a ticket to see Idles on June 21st. :LOL: Oh well I guess I'm going out as well. (If it stays on.)

Yesterday actually caught me a bit by surprise. Not sure why people think that the road map is slow, it is much quicker than I expected, I was thinking August/September before most restrictions would be gone and did not expect to be able to meet others in the garden until Summer. As such, I am very happy.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday actually caught me a bit by surprise. Not sure why people think that the road map is slow, it is much quicker than I expected, I was thinking August/September before most restrictions would be gone and did not expect to be able to meet others in the garden until Summer. As such, I am very happy.

Very happy with it this end

Bit fast but hey it's good to see the end in sight

All restrictions lifted by eldests 4th bday and the wife's 33rd