Things That Gladden The Heart

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as I normally miss out on these things, been a good couple of weeks for getting limited run items. Managed to land a pair of 25th Anniversary Foo Fighter Vans, one of the limited run of signed prints for the 30th Anniversary of Carter USM 30 Something and also managed to get the latest limited edition Kraken Rum glass. Won't mean much to many but these little things make me smile.

Petrol or diesel?

Visit site
My far better half has been stuck in France for the last 3 months [for various reasons]

A close - outdoor - contact tested positive the other day so she was also tested yesterday
Thankfully she was negative [as it may interfere with other things going on]

Its a small thing, obviously, but sometimes its the little breaks that makes me stop and think of how generally lucky I am given the present difficulties of others I know

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forgot this one yesterday as was a whirlwind

Eldest went for her check up on arm, so impressed that her arm is fully healed in 3 weeks 3 days .. that's insane

So now she has no cast and back to bathing with her sisters as apparently that's what she told the lady who cut it off that's what she wanted to do the most

Bless her

Also makes our life 100 times easier

Back to nursery next week

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
the two young guys in front of us today, both had great looking swings.... neither saw a fairway all the way round, well the one they were supposed to be playing to anyway:LOL:

cheered slow dave and i up no end;)

Visit site
the two young guys in front of us today, both had great looking swings.... neither saw a fairway all the way round, well the one they were supposed to be playing to anyway:LOL:

cheered slow dave and i up no end;)
Was playing with two similar today
On one of our longer par 3s I was chuffed to carry a hybrid onto the green
These two were debating whether it was a 7 or 8 iron [which it was for them but they were miles off]

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was playing with two similar today
On one of our longer par 3s I was chuffed to carry a hybrid onto the green
These two were debating whether it was a 7 or 8 iron [which it was for them but they were miles off]
one of them was on the 18th off the 1st , 17th off the 2nd, 15th off the 3rd and, 3rd off the 4th and 12th off the 5th:LOL:... best of the lot 8th off the 10tho_O

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The queue in front of me to get vaccinated is now below 7 million
Patience :)

Won't be long. It's really quick took 20 mins for me, a surprise underlying condition I didn't know counted

Mrs should get hers by march as she has updated her weight with the drs post twins

Every cloud

My mum is very jealous she waiting for the over 60s to be called

D

Deleted member 16999

Wasn’t sure if I should of posted this in the “Random Irritations” thread or the “Laughter the best medicine” thread but this month I took on another sponsored challenge, basically it was to run for a minimum of 14 days in Feb and cover 1 of 3 distances, 35, 70 or 125 miles, foolishly I took on the 125 miles:eek: all in aid of the local hospice who looked after my m-in-law in her last few weeks back in November.

The response has been great, but to give it a boost, my wife put on FBook that if I raised an extra £200.00 sponsorship I would wear a TuTu for my last run.

Tomorrow I will be wearing a tutu and fairy wings while running my last 5 miles, not sure whether to laugh or cry.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wasn’t sure if I should of posted this in the “Random Irritations” thread or the “Laughter the best medicine” thread but this month I took on another sponsored challenge, basicalky it was to run for a minimum of 14 days in Feb and cover 1 of 3 distances, 35, 70 or 125 miles, foolishly I took on the 125 miles:eek: all in aid of the local hospice who looked after my m-in-law in her last few weeks back in November.

The response has been great, but to give it a boost, my wife put on FBook that if I raised an extra £200.00 sponsorship I would wear a TuTu for my last run.

Tomorrow I will be wearing a tutu and fairy wings while running my last 5 miles, not sure whether to laugh or cry.:)

We want pictures!

Actually, no we don't!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lucky you :)

The queue in front of me is getting longer ?? (Gone up by about 300K in last few days).
well you could look at it that way - or you could say that if - let's say - in 3 days 1,000,000 were vaccinated and so come off the queue in front of you and 300,000 go onto it - then the queue in front of you has gone down by 700,000

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
well you could look at it that way - or you could say that if - let's say - in 3 days 1,000,000 were vaccinated and so come off the queue in front of you and 300,000 go onto it - then the queue in front of you has gone down by 700,000
Not sure i follow your logic?

A few days ago, there were 7.6 million ahead of me in the queue. When i looked yesterday, there were 7.9 million. If, say, a million got vaccinated in that time, it means that somehow, another 1.3 million got into the queue ahead of me. I'll get done when i get done - I'm just a bit baffled?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure i follow your logic?

A few days ago, there were 7.6 million ahead of me in the queue. When i looked yesterday, there were 7.9 million. If, say, a million got vaccinated in that time, it means that somehow, another 1.3 million got into the queue ahead of me. I'll get done when i get done - I'm just a bit baffled?

Wasn't 1.3 million added to the shielding list which become those with underlying conditions needing the jab?