Things That Gladden The Heart

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got to love the grandparents

Can you come help us with the dvd player it won't work , your aunt says you will know

Of course nan soon as boiler man finishes I'll be there

. Right first issue is batteries are corroded.. change them. Second issue is this is the video remote nan

Third issue your new TV doesn't have scart so whoever wired it up didn't even connect your dvd player

Quick trip to Argos, new dvd player and hand written note of how to get it working

Old dvd player connected to their bedroom TV

Bless em
Been there a number of times. Before hdmi connections, scart connections used to come loose quite often in old uns tv's. 'Have you pushed in the connector?', 'Yes', 'Positive?', 'Yes', 'Okay, I'll be around shortly'. Arrive, push in scart, problem solved, leave house with a rueful shake of the head 😄.

Multiple remotes have a lot to answer for.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been there a number of times. Before hdmi connections, scart connections used to come loose quite often in old uns tv's. 'Have you pushed in the connector?', 'Yes', 'Positive?', 'Yes', 'Okay, I'll be around shortly'. Arrive, push in scart, problem solved, leave house with a rueful shake of the head 😄.

Multiple remotes have a lot to answer for.

To be fair to my nan she tries, she knows how to WhatsApp lol grandad on the other hand always refused tech so it's very hard to show him anything

I know it won't be the last txt this week lol parents are away on a well earned break so as next available family member nearby I will default to assistance lol

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Day 2 in York, what a beautiful city.
Have done a Ghost tour, Nordvik Centre, potion making and done the full circuit around on the red bus.
Had lunch at Vittorias today and just Pizza express for dinner last night.
Have had a couple of pit stops for a glass of vino 😀
Weather has been excellent also.
Thanks for all the recommendations before 👍🏻

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seen several Brimstones already...
Woodland walk at lunchtime around Asheridge and saw a couple of Commas....
Spring is here even if Orikoru has to defrost his windscreen again tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

RichA

Visit site
Frost in east Herts this morning.
A couple of commas being extremely active in the warm sun outside ours this afternoon.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The MIL is the same. Her mobile is ancient (& never out of the box), so during lockdown 1, the wife got her a cheap SIM for one of my old smartphones so we could do whatsapp video calls. She wrote out a long list of instructions and I deleted all of the non-essential apps but for some reason, she couldn't turn the phone off. I told her that she could just let the phone run until the battery dies but apparently she is terrified of anything electrical catching fire (I know), so I had to go round & stand outside to turn it off. She managed to put into a "safe" mode, which I didn't even realise that smartphones had!
She also got a scam call a few months ago, from someone pretending to be from an IT helpdesk and that her PC was under threat - he would not have it that not only that she doesn't have a PC, she also has no internet either. Not being interested or being scaried of tech can be helpful sometimes.
To be fair to my nan she tries, she knows how to WhatsApp lol grandad on the other hand always refused tech so it's very hard to show him anything

I know it won't be the last txt this week lol parents are away on a well earned break so as next available family member nearby I will default to assistance

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The MIL is the same. Her mobile is ancient (& never out of the box), so during lockdown 1, the wife got her a cheap SIM for one of my old smartphones so we could do whatsapp video calls. She wrote out a long list of instructions and I deleted all of the non-essential apps but for some reason, she couldn't turn the phone off. I told her that she could just let the phone run until the battery dies but apparently she is terrified of anything electrical catching fire (I know), so I had to go round & stand outside to turn it off. She managed to put into a "safe" mode, which I didn't even realise that smartphones had!
She also got a scam call a few months ago, from someone pretending to be from an IT helpdesk and that her PC was under threat - he would not have it that not only that she doesn't have a PC, she also has no internet either. Not being interested or being scaried of tech can be helpful sometimes.

My wife's grandad is the same , he keeps his mobile in a saucepan in the kitchen and never takes it out with him.

I don't mind helping any of them as most of the issues is stuff that is just second nature to me so easy excuse for a cup of tea and an hour kid free time 😎