Things That Gladden The Heart

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been replacing/upgrading most of the machinery in the workshop over the last month (now that orders are flowing again, I have some cash incoming) and managed to save quite a bit of cash with one of those browser plug-in "coupon generators".

But the best part was that I have been looking at a spindle sander (don't need one but always thought it would be handy) but the one I like the look of for size vs power was £170 and for a machine I didn't really need I just said no to myself.

Email this morning that it's on a 24 hour price drop with £70 off. I'll take one of them thangeweverymush.
Still waiting for the pics. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Having a few days in Noss Mayo…staying in the home of good friends who only have friends and family using it. Lovely…despite some torrential rain.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I came across this on youtube and it really did gladden my heart.
It is not going to appeal to everyone, but there's just something about the overall scene played out in knowing looks.
The Dr Finlay remakes passed me by, so I was completely unaware of it.
I never knew Sharon Small could sing, if it is indeed her voice, but it is beautiful. She looks very pretty as well.
A much shortened version of a very old song.
Ian Bannen, who died tragically in a car accident 3 years later, really hams it up at the end. I just found it all very affecting - for some reason.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
312938006_8566350266708253_2708032306206962222_n.jpg

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went to a Christmas light switch on in Edwinstowe tonight. Talking to me daughter and she told me about an app called TooGoodToGo. Bottom line it is companies that sell off food that is on its last date. Suffice to say Missis T downloaded the app and placed an order with Greggs near us. £2.59 later we have a steak slice. Two great cobs and a bag of yum yums. Looking on the app there is cake shops, Greggs, Costa, Morrisons, Coop etc etc. so if you know anyone who is struggling financially, this app can fill some bellies at a fraction of the price. Pass it on folks.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Went to a Christmas light switch on in Edwinstowe tonight. Talking to me daughter and she told me about an app called TooGoodToGo. Bottom line it is companies that sell off food that is on its last date. Suffice to say Missis T downloaded the app and placed an order with Greggs near us. £2.59 later we have a steak slice. Two great cobs and a bag of yum yums. Looking on the app there is cake shops, Greggs, Costa, Morrisons, Coop etc etc. so if you know anyone who is struggling financially, this app can fill some bellies at a fraction of the price. Pass it on folks.
Download the Greggs app & get a free bake & hot drink ??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so after so many years of wondering whether or not we should reconfigure, combine and extend our kitchen and back room, we have started. Foundation concrete was poured yesterday and so the footprint of our extension becomes real. Good while yet before we get a feel for what will be as back wall has to be taken out…but we have started.

D

Deleted member 1740

So proud of our 9 year old granddaughter for appearing in her first stage show for the local theatre school. What a star, she now wants to be an actress!

Brilliant stuff.

My daughter is appearing in Shrek,The Musical at the Liverpool Empire next week for 4 days.
She's bang into her Musical theatre and is an absolute star.

The pride your children give you is amazing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
1st Sunday of Advent and my church is beautifully decorated for Christmas…plus for the Carol Service in a couple of weeks time we are singing unaccompanied and in four part harmony one of my favourite carols - the medieval Coventry Carol…lovely. If you don’t know it and are interested…

And already looking forward to us having our annual attempt at the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel‘s Messiah…again doing it four part harmony but accompanied by our organist blasting it out on our great pipe organ - though that might not happen as he is currently not well.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Helping to trap an escaped and very scared sheep this morning so that it could be caught and put back into its field away from the busy road.

Not an everyday occurrence for those of us used to living in a town lol

Definitely wasnt expecting a sheep when the blink went off on our driveway haha

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just Stop Oil protester who caused “mile after mile” of tailbacks on the M25 after climbing up a gantry has been jailed.

Jan Goodey, 57, from Brighton, East Sussex, was part of a demonstration on behalf of the climate group which forced authorities to close sections of the UK’s busiest motorway during the morning rush hour on November 7.