Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My lad working on promoters venue team for the Ricky Hatton fight at Manchester AO Arena this evening - responsible for VIP hosting…and made up that he‘ll probably be meeting Tyson Fury amongst all the VIPs. Reward for tough times had.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so…when I said I have a conservatory to go - for nothing if you dismantle it and take it away.

And he said - I’ll have it, but if there is any chance you can dismantle it for me.

And I said - well I’ll give it a go.

And so it has come to pass.

I wonder if he knows what’s involved. And that’s just the roof.

A96D0683-DDD9-406C-976B-5FC16A0CFF99.jpeg

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just great sport for the next 2 weeks. Women's rugby union World Cup final on Saturday morning then the rugby league world cup semi final and a whole day of Home Nations rugby internationals. Cricket T20 world cup final Sunday morning followed by Scotland V NZ rugby

Next Saturday, the rugby league world cup final and a whole day of home nations rugby including England V NZ.

And the best thing, with the coverage being on free to air and Prime, I can watch every single match, most from the comfort of my garage bar.

Well let's hope the cricket goes better... :rolleyes:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The stupidity of some of the decision making in the men's game beggared belief. The worst thing we could have done was beating Samoa by 60 points in the group stage; England were like Wigan against Sheffield Eagles in the Challenge Cup Final, thought they had it won just by getting off the bus. Fair play to Samoa, they made us work & forced some of those poor decisions.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trolling Indian Cricket fans... def cheered me up the last few days
I'll have that pleasure tomorrow - there's one or two avid indian cricket fans who'll be at the club tomorrow. (Just hope we're doing OK in the final at the time - they may not support the Pakistan team, but they'd revel if England had a poor showing).

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My heart goes out to those people.
They will continue to face tough times ahead.
Their best outcomes will be achieved if they all work together for the common good and not personal gain.
I'm sure they will be able to do just that.

Maybe we can learn something from them in order to face our own economic problems.