Things That Gladden The Heart

D

Deleted member 15344

A day at the zoo with the daughter

And double bonus - the Lions were actually awake ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The seedlings I started off last week (first time ever) have started poking their heads through. One this morning and now there's four of the beauties poking their heads above the soil. I am beyond excited and still shocked how this growing stuff malarkey has become such an interest - love it!

I have become one of the (previously thought of as) saddos who pass a garden centre and thinks "ooh, I could just pop in"...

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Somebody on The Chase being asked about The Queen‘s sapphire anniversary asking how many years she hd been on the throne and the reply. 100!!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A friend in the golf society has had a couple of Ukrainian kids move in with his next door neighbour, apparently they turned up with just a rucksack they managed to pack before they left Ukraine.
He put some feelers out for donations, so far the society has raised £300, donated a PS4 and loads of other stuff.
Hopefully their stay over here won’t be too bad at all ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In my match yesterday I hit my tee shot on the 1st long and bang down the middle. Great I thought. I then proceeded to shank my 2nd.

My old fault and that which I have been working hard on for 9months to cut out. But as I know why I do it - and I know what I must do to NOT do it - I set up and hit my 3rd (from middle of adjacent fairway) just about perfectly - it just rolled off the green - but a chip stone dead got me my par and a half. And I didn't do another or feel one was close the rest of the match (which I won 7-5 having played level gross for the 13 holes).

So for all who suffer from the shanks and fear and despair that they are incurable - well take heart because they are not. It has taken me a lot of hard work and focus on what I am doing - and a lot of repetition of stance, address and take-away on the practice ground. But I'm feeling that I'm nearly there. And boy! Does that Gladden the Heart.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My grandads been in hospital just over a month now, first time I been able to see him today with us all having covid most of the time he been in. best to avoid him.

Got up early from my nights and headed down.

He was in good sprites. chatted about the masters, tiger and west ham game. Helped him have a shave and brush his teeth.

Was good to see him

put me in a kind mood, on the way out saw some guy struggling with his coins for the parking.. kept getting rejected so walked over and tapped my card and walked away. spread the love lol

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My grandads been in hospital just over a month now, first time I been able to see him today with us all having covid most of the time he been in. best to avoid him.

Got up early from my nights and headed down.

He was in good sprites. chatted about the masters, tiger and west ham game. Helped him have a shave and brush his teeth.

Was good to see him

put me in a kind mood, on the way out saw some guy struggling with his coins for the parking.. kept getting rejected so walked over and tapped my card and walked away. spread the love lol

Your post gladdened my heart (y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your post gladdened my heart (y)

On my birthday couple weeks ago we were told to prepare for the worst and My nan was convinced he would be gone that week

Drs were worried but he got through

Proper fighter that man, half a lung, beaten lung and bowel cancer

Just batting back all the rubbish life throws

Even got covid in hospital .. still looked well

What a trooper

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being selected for the Sketchers event!

Been a long year so far as a new dad, looking forward to a day off work playing golf at a great course! Fingers crossed for good weather now!
Nice one. I was going to enter that but then I bought myself some new shoes anyway so I didn't bother. :LOL: Enjoy!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Being selected for the Sketchers event!

Been a long year so far as a new dad, looking forward to a day off work playing golf at a great course! Fingers crossed for good weather now!

I got selected for a whole bag fitting by Ping a few years back. Properly looked after me and the magazine guys were great.
You'll have a great day out.