Things That Gladden The Heart

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My 6yr old being braver than me, when we took her to get her ears pierced today. I said she had to wait until secondary school, but relented when everyone is her class started to get them - she’s got little studs, and they really suit her, she looks all grown up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last Thursday was lovely. Eldest went to nannys for a sleep over the night before

wife came in at 7am (I had twin 1 with me) I was like what time is it? 7 .. what a lay in! 6 has been good for ages .. 7 is like pre children days

tee off at 9 made it all the sweeter

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
IIRC, they were the Force which had the tallest height requirement.
(When there was such a thing).

Still got big hearts?

I thought that was the City of London but I could be wrong...:unsure:

One to you Sir; the old Nottingham City force required a minimum height of 6 feet. I thought the City of London used to be 5' 11".

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A good old post Christmas purge of stuff in the house

Kids toys for charity shop

Clothes for the clothes bank

Eldests car seat (which all 3 ended up using at one point) finally out the cupboard

Ah

Lovely

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Riding a live Peloton class on my birthday and getting a Happy Birthday from the instructor. I have become a Peloton Groupie :)

Actually I think it's more I'm a Peloton Junkie! On Christmas night my husband said "I've just had an email from Peloton. They've asked "is AJ allright - we haven't seen her today"!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Getting a lot sorted with the doctors and hospital regarding ongoing treatment and symptom management. Was a little nervous with the Christmas break that all the lines of communication wouldn't be joined up, but all phone calls made on time, medics have spoken and agreed a plan and a picked up a new glucometer. Very pleased

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The “wine recommendation” thread. There’s not a lot wrong with the forum when you can have so much fun reading, and seeing the support, a thread like this brings. And lets not mention the sampling…. Still don’t know how I sprained my thumb on Christmas Day night - port may have been involved.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
NHS working superbly for my BiL towards stabilising his rapidly deteriorating health and then defining a prognosis and treatment plan for the multiple myeloma he was, just a week ago, diagnosed as having developed. Today the bone marrow biopsy should signpost what is to come.

Given its been over Christmas, never mind in a pandemic, the GP and hospital nursing, imaging and consultants have responded superbly well and have expedited everything required. We are very grateful. That said, it’s going to be very tough for him, and all of us close to him, over the coming years…but we will do what we can and what he needs.

We might worry and moan about the state of the world and indeed the discussions on this forum…as discussed in PS topic raised earlier today, but in truth and in most part, my BiLs illness reminds me that these discussions are of little or no consequence in the great scheme of things.

But sitting on a train heading home by myself, it’s great to be able to share my gratitude and concerns with the bunch of overwhelmingly decent and supportive folks on here.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could post this in irritations as well. HID's car insurance is due for renewal. Have cut it by just over £100 by moving insurer. I check every year and have been astounded by the result this year.