Things That Gladden The Heart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
First attempt at veneering today and seem to have nailed it first time. A lovely walnut veneer on a 18mm MDF sheet for my next set of custom speakers (well a sound box in this case).

Contact adhesive is absolutely reeking though ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cheers and yes. Got the car last summer and few weeks later I spent a whole day doing a wash and decon, then used my DA machine polisher (except the roof and front bumper). Finished off with 3 coats of Gyeon Syncro.

Do you not just get totally miffed when the day after you get dirty drizzly rain that coats it in spotty orange dust spots?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers and yes. Got the car last summer and few weeks later I spent a whole day doing a wash and decon, then used my DA machine polisher (except the roof and front bumper). Finished off with 3 coats of Gyeon Syncro.

What DA do you use?
I have a DAS-6 Pro.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pollen is the main issue now. A quick pass with a QD and job done...until the next day ?

QD? I've already rinsed and dried mine today to get rid of the dusty marks in the melted frost!

Mine got pranged in the golf club car park yesterday - gutted. Driver left a note and found me on the course - initially all apologetic but I get the feeling that might just change when the garage quote comes in. Only positive in the whole sorry episode is the damage is to the underside of the bumper just above the number plate so not glaringly obvious.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
QD? I've already rinsed and dried mine today to get rid of the dusty marks in the melted frost!

Mine got pranged in the golf club car park yesterday - gutted. Driver left a note and found me on the course - initially all apologetic but I get the feeling that might just change when the garage quote comes in. Only positive in the whole sorry episode is the damage is to the underside of the bumper just above the number plate so not glaringly obvious.
QD = quick detailer. A spray used to quickly clean low dirt areas. Apply with one cloth and buff off with a clean one. Sonax BSD is one I use a lot.