Thin!!!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kind experts of the forum.

Every now and then I slip back into an old bad habit, and the last couple of rounds I'm hitting more than half of my full iron shots thin.
Not all shots that would put a smile on an old balata ball, but I can just feel I'm catching them low on the face with a couple of knifed ones thrown in for good measure.

Can anyone suggest common causes for it, and hopefully one of them will jog my memory and I'll remember what I used to do wrong that must have crept back in to my swing?

Thank you :)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find I thin it if I get too quick which results in me rising up a little height wise. Don't know if it helps you but it is one of my biggest problems at the minute :(

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I find a thin shot to be caused by lifting your head, to try and view that pinseeker shot you thought you had hit.

Also if a swing is a little to flat.

If you shift your weight forward to much. (to much lower movement)

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago,i found i was standing off the ball a bit,and wasn't flexing my knees,i was just reaching for the ball.
I made a point of checking my posture at address,and fingers crossed,problem solved.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi Gary. I take it the ball doesn't bounce at all during the first part of its flight, just sets off low?

Yes Bob, no bouncing near the start of it's travel.

Chris & Lee. Funny you say those things as getting quick in the backswing and too much hip slide are 2 of the many faults I've had.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You may be losing your posture a touch.
Try and keep the angle between your back and legs (Red lines)constant throughout the swing. If you tend to stand up a touch on the backswing, your angle will shift towards the yellow line.
Not ideal

Photo03-1.jpg