There's room for one more club in my bag...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So have been toying with a lower loft hybrid than my G20 23 degree. I have got used to its looks and hit it pretty solidly nowadays. Still prefer the G5/G10 looks though and checked out the I20 hybrid yesterday which looks lush.

I'm thinking of having a punt on ebay on a G5 hybrid which will be a less costly experiment. I used to have a 26 degree G5 which was a cracking little club but now I hit my irons better there's no need for it and sold it on Ebay. Loved how it looked at address though.

I have spied a 19 degree G5 with soft regular shaft and am tempted but not sure if the gap would be too much and a 21 degree a better option? Not sure what the difference would be in both distance and ease of hitability (new word there)!

My strike with the 5 wood has been erratic at best although recent swing changes seem to be working but just off the fairway would see me use the hybrid.

Any thoughts? Ta...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have spied a 19 degree G5 with soft regular shaft and am tempted but not sure if the gap would be too much

4 degrees difference isn't too much in my opinion
3 is the normal gap so what 1 degree between friends :)
If it's a reasonable price it's worth a try and if you dont like it, flog it

Do it :thup:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
4 degrees difference isn't too much in my opinion
3 is the normal gap so what 1 degree between friends :)
If it's a reasonable price it's worth a try and if you dont like it, flog it

Do it :thup:

Thanks Bob. Agreed I can sell it if it doesn't become a friend so off bidding I go :clap:

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been studying your your bag. Thats the only gap I can see. As Bob says go for it. Nice balanced bag there.

P.S. Think you need to change your putter? Some nice Ping ones out there.:whistle: ...

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Amanda, you will end up with what I call the 'classic' set up.
Driver, 3,5 woods
3 and 4 hybrid
5-PW
GW SW
putter

Perfick

I like that set up ... similar to mine ;)

The 19* is a really good one to have in the bag. It is a tad longer ditstance wise than my 3 iron, good for long par 3s and even off the tee where lay-ups are needed. Go for it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been studying your your bag. Thats the only gap I can see. As Bob says go for it. Nice balanced bag there.

P.S. Think you need to change your putter? Some nice Ping ones out there.:whistle: ...

I love my Odyssey - very pretty :clap:

Amanda, you will end up with what I call the 'classic' set up.
Driver, 3,5 woods
3 and 4 hybrid
5-PW
GW SW
putter

Perfick

Classic sounds good to me and perfick even better. Just gotta win it now :thup:

I like that set up ... similar to mine ;)

The 19* is a really good one to have in the bag. It is a tad longer ditstance wise than my 3 iron, good for long par 3s and even off the tee where lay-ups are needed. Go for it.

Agreed. None of our par 3's are long enough yet but the 16th is going to be. Plus 10 and 11 are good holes for me (Par 5's but reachable in 2) so the 19 degree would give me a better chance if I stray off the short stuff.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
might be the same one I am watching Amanda ;)

Weirdly I've spotted the seller has 3 of them - sounds a bit suss to me so not sure now. Have emailed and asked the question so will see what - if any - reply I get! If it's not suss then we can both get one :)

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Amanda

I have a 22 degree TM hybrid and last year added the newer TM 19 deg hybrid ( white head )

To be honest i saw very little gain, in fact the new hybrid was harder to fly in a straight line compared to the older no.4 hybrid Burner

In the end i sold it as i felt it didnt help me at all and was a waste of £100

In fact i have now also taken out my no.4 hybrid and use my 4 iron instead after changing my irons to Ci9 irons instead of the Ping G10 shovels i had before.

Something very rewarding hitting a well struck iron in my opinion, but not everybody is accurate with the longer irons.

Save your money :)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Wolfman but too late - it's mine :thup:

I do get on well with hybrids and whilst my iron play has improved out of all recognition I think it's worth a punt to see how it goes. If it doesn't work out then someone else will no doubt try a similar punt on Ebay!

Looking forward to getting it and giving it a smack :clap: