The worst car you ever owned.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Oh, so many to choose from.

A “V” registered Ford Capri 1.6L in metallic green, with leaky sunroof and a battery I needed to nudge towards the bulkhead prior to every journey to reconnect it.

A “D” registered MG Montego EFi in Rosso red with paint which oxidised, wheel arches which rusted for the hell of it and an engine more unreliable than the Maguire/Lindelöf pairing at the heart of the Man United defence. The head gasket going was the final straw.

An “A” registered Renault 11 in gold. Enough said.

Yep. I’ve had some shockers. But even I haven’t been brave enough to register a Fiat Strada in my name.

?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
A Mk4 Golf Gti 2.0 (2.sllloooowww)
Hated all 6 months of ownership. Family pushed me to get a more sensible car for the commute to a new job. Went from a car I loved and adored to a heap of steaming garbage.
Family gets ignored now, I drive what I want.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The Ford Focus has a terrific reputation.
My wife had a diesel Focus estate, and it was just dire.
Must have been one of those "Friday afternoon" builds.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A 1973 Moskvich 412 Saloon, same colour as in the picture below!
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

I also once bought an Austin Maestro for £1.00 .................................... and still felt ripped off!
It used more oil than fuel so I just kept pouring used oil into it.
On the plus side, I could park it anywhere and didn't ever need to lock it.

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
Some of the car names on this thread :ROFLMAO:

No idea what a Talbot Samba or Proton look like, but they sound like proper crap. Almost as if you bought it so that you could contribute to this thread in the future :ROFLMAO:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Being in the motor trade for the past 30 odd years it's been ages since I last owned a car myself.
But I once bought the wife an Alfasud 1.5SC which was a pile of poo.
Electrical problems galore, and drank petrol like there was no tomorrow.
Luckily I bought it cheap and sold it 6 months later for a decent profit.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being in the motor trade for the past 30 odd years it's been ages since I last owned a car myself.
But I once bought the wife an Alfasud 1.5SC which was a pile of poo.
Electrical problems galore, and drank petrol like there was no tomorrow.
Luckily I bought it cheap and sold it 6 months later for a decent profit.

Ironically I used to have a '78 Alfasud ti ....................... one of the best cars I've ever owned. :eek:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the car names on this thread :ROFLMAO:

No idea what a Talbot Samba or Proton look like, but they sound like proper crap. Almost as if you bought it so that you could contribute to this thread in the future :ROFLMAO:
No they were like fashion mistakes you make.
At the time they are the dogs do das.
Or so you think.;):(

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A Hillman Avenger.

There really are no words.

Seeing that reminded me

When I was teenager I did new car prep on Avengers. One part of the job was to hot paraffin steam off the protective wax that they came covered in. Imagine my horror when on one car all the paint started to come off as well. Don't worry says the manager it happens quite often just drive it down to the body shop for a respray!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
51 plate Clio was my first car and that was only about 7 years ago. At the time I lived in a town notorious for having a tonne of roundabouts and this thing could NOT corner. Any turn and the back end would kick out as if driving on an ice rink. It was the second time that I ended up in the literal middle of a roundabout that I decided to scrap it. alive.

I once had a Morris Marina that did that. There was one particular bend on my way to work where I learnt the art of drifting, I used to do it deliberately.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to have an old Allegro years ago!! Mustard colour, used more oil than petrol lol!! With my Harry Moss radio cassette onboard I was the man about town! What a heap the car was though....???

Did you spell that right? I thought it was Austin All Agro.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mk IV COrtina
Completely unreliable reluctant to start in the wet and pretty useless. Traded it in after 18 months for a Sierra which was miles better.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mine was a Mercury Grand Marquis when I was working in the USA. It took a quarter turn of the steering wheel before anything moved, it floated around like wallowing whale so that you started feeling seasick, there was so little feel that it was difficult to know if you had two wheels off the road at times. It also looked horrible, it was a company car.
03-05_Mercury_Grand_Marquis_.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

I once had a Morris Marina that did that. There was one particular bend on my way to work where I learnt the art of drifting, I used to do it deliberately.

My 1st car was a Morris Marina, I had 2 bags of the cement in the boot to keep the back end at the back when cornering :ROFLMAO:

Any sign of ice or water on the road and it wanted to do 360's....

D

Deleted Member 1156

I had a Fiat Strada ? It was OK actually, no real problems.
Worst car was a Rover 820, constantly topping up just about every fluid you could imagine. White with a beige velour interior, proper babe magnet ?