The Tiger Woods show.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did anyone else watch this show last night on SkySports2? I believe they were calling it "The US Open" or something, but all it seemed to be was clips of The Great One driving, chipping, putting, warming up, berating himself, glaring at his opponents, trying to intimidate them, and then repeats of all of the above.
Occasionally you would see glimpses of some of the other bit players in this show. I believe one of the them was called "Cabrerra". He played awfully well. In fact, I would go so far as to say he might even have been as good as Tiger. Blah, blah..etc..etc.

Anyone else getting a wee bit fed up of this type of coverage?
:mad:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could not agree more. Most of the focus last night was on Woods with very little attention paid to Cabrerra or, more to the point, on Furyk who was the closest challenger for a long time. I do not think I saw more than half a dozen shots from Wood's playing partner all round, the director preferring to show archive footage of Woods or to show pictures of him preparing for the next shot whilst various commentators waxed lyrical about how wonderful he is even when he is not playing well. I want to see how the rest of the field is performing, good bad or indifferent, rather than follow Woods round with the occasional shot of other players.

B

birdieman

Although he is still the best player in the world, there is not much between him and the rest nowadays, unlike a few years ago. He does not warrant all the coverage he gets, he's a media darling however so whenever they show him it sells nike stuff and draws more viewers who like the glamour and reputation of him - it's all controlled by the mighty $$$$ I'm afraid. Old Cabrera is a bit of an unknown in the US so they can't sell anything through him. Nice for Ping to have a major winner, think it's been a long time since a Ping man won a major, might be wrong. Furyk is not a marketing man's dream, ugly swing, ugly face, headmaster disposition etc.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
To be fair to SKy they were jus piggy-backing on the back of the US networks coverage. And we all know there's as much chance of me hitting a hole in ne as there is of them showing anyone other than Tger. Personally I still thought it was great viewing though. Gripping stuff and I'm beginning to think that tigers mind might be wandering to other more "family orientated" Issues.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Tiger's class, he didn't make a birdie in 30+ holes and still had a putt on the last to make the play off. Would have liked to have seen a few more of the big name europeans in the earlier rounds though, no matter how good / bad they were playing.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a lighter note thought, What about the guy on the 8th tee shouting "OH MY GOD!!!WHAT A SHOT!!!" at the top of his voice, as if it was the greatest drive he had ever seen? I thought that was hilarious, because he shouted it regardless of the quality of shot.

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cabrera's "10 cigarettes a round" policy is not really what the broadcasters think that people want to see in this Politically Correct world. At least Tiger nips into the trees for a sly Lambert & Butler now and again rather than lighting up in full view...

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doesn't that make you fume ! Look on the bright side though. If anyone shouts that during the Open then I'm sure they'll get a pummelling from the locals. It's about time they did.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am sure the wind will drown out the yanks at Carnoustie. Marketing and spin rule the world and Tiger is the prodigal son over their. I do get annoyed with him spitting slamming clubs into the ground though. Could you imagine the rollocking a qualifier would get if they did that?