The swing of a pensioner !

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Since Xmas I've

Straightened the takeaway
Steep'nd the club at the top
Drop the club more inside on the transition (still work in progress)
Hit through more along the "in to out path' with the right hand
finish with the club high rather than pulling out left

That's all at the moment 

Thats enough for the time being.
If you start hitting it left, give me a shout

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am pretty content with it but just after filming these I managed to get a bit more hip turn and the right elbow closer to my hip and hit some corkers!

hey cool work Chris
obviously been putting some good hours in under guidance

some good stuff goin on there

- it's good to have the leading edge of the club around parallel to good spine posture when the club is 1st horizontal to the ground & also hopefully around parallel to the feet & the ball/target line - just need to watch the club face doesn't overdo it & 'look down' too much at the ground wouldn't really want it looking any more 'down' around that point in the backswing

can see why that tad more hip turn just prior to impact along with having the trail elbow a tad closer would help - good thoughts to have - as both would help keep the flight 'straighter/less curvature' also if given reasonable club face angle control at impact - as all that would help stop the path moving to being a tad too far 'in to out'

& if you don't rotate lower & upper body enough if the 'swing path' is also getting towards too much 'in to out' that can get a case of the 'leftfields' goin for sure

would just keep up the good work you are already doin under guidance

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
hey cool work Chris
obviously been putting some good hours in under guidance

some good stuff goin on there

- it's good to have the leading edge of the club around parallel to good spine posture when the club is 1st horizontal to the ground & also hopefully around parallel to the feet & the ball/target line - just need to watch the club face doesn't overdo it & 'look down' too much at the ground wouldn't really want it looking any more 'down' around that point in the backswing

can see why that tad more hip turn just prior to impact along with having the trail elbow a tad closer would help - good thoughts to have - as both would help keep the flight 'straighter/less curvature' also if given reasonable club face angle control at impact - as all that would help stop the path moving to being a tad too far 'in to out'

& if you don't rotate lower & upper body enough if the 'swing path' is also getting towards too much 'in to out' that can get a case of the 'leftfields' goin for sure

would just keep up the good work you are already doin under guidance

Thanks Coach,

I certainly "buttoned it" when I got better hip turn and the right elbow more tucked in, and I think that's what Bob was alluding to as well, so I shall work more on that tomorrow at the range. I have both hips replaced so I've been restricted at times with the movement but happy to do it slowly to start with and build up in time. I found that I need to do both elements, hips and right arm, to get the even better strike with definite straightness.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since Xmas I've

Straightened the takeaway
Steep'nd the club at the top
Drop the club more inside on the transition (still work in progress)
Hit through more along the "in to out path' with the right hand
finish with the club high rather than pulling out left

That's all at the moment 😁

Erm, what? Nothing like keeping it simple eh?