The shopping game

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Asda food is crap, rubbish quality and full of juice rather than anything of substance but it is cheaper, luckily saving a few quid on groceries is not something i have to particularly do

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35504

I'm surprised by the Asda food comments as I've always found it great, obviously everyone's personal experience is valid though.

I'm mainly Sainsbury's at Marsh Mills now though, Asda if I need 24 hours.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The idea of the game was to shop around for the best deals without trudging around from shop to shop and it doesn't just save a few pennies here and there, it's many pounds which is important to some who don't have money to waste.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The idea of the game was to shop around for the best deals without trudging around from shop to shop and it doesn't just save a few pennies here and there, it's many pounds which is important to some who don't have money to waste.
I'm not knocking it as I have never done online shopping, but how much does each delivery charge add? I suspect that it can soon add up if using multiple shops, same as fuel costs by visiting the shops

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not knocking it as I have never done online shopping, but how much does each delivery charge add? I suspect that it can soon add up if using multiple shops, same as fuel costs by visiting the shops
We have an annual Tesco one, costs about £50 bucks if I remember rightly, great value for money over the year.
I use it for when I arrive at work and if we go away to a holiday cottage, normally at least twice a year, we get a delivery on arrival day 😀

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
We have an annual Tesco one, costs about £50 bucks if I remember rightly, great value for money over the year.
I use it for when I arrive at work and if we go away to a holiday cottage, normally at least twice a year, we get a delivery on arrival day 😀
Tesco anytime delivery pass is £83.88
Asda anytime delivery pass is £65
I don't have a delivery pass as I only shop once every 3 or 4 weeks so I pay the £1.50-£2 per shop.
And as my nearest Asda is a 32 mile round trip, I think it's worth it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It's a bargain tbh, I pay £7 a month think it is , we have 2 shops delivered at home a week and then I have 2 shops a month delivered to work for the tuck shop I run. I let them use it for free might aswell

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Tesco anytime delivery pass is £83.88
Asda anytime delivery pass is £65
I don't have a delivery pass as I only shop once every 3 or 4 weeks so I pay the £1.50-£2 per shop.
And as my nearest Asda is a 32 mile round trip, I think it's worth it.
You are right Bob, it is £84, still excellent value for us as a family 😀

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You are right Bob, it is £84, still excellent value for us as a family 😀

During COVID we started doing pick up from our local Tesco car park , leaving the delivery slots for the less able.

When COVID was less of a thing we moved to home delivery, first was once a week with a top up shop midweek me going shop

It developed into 2 shops a week

The £84 is defo worth it , saves so much time

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
During COVID we started doing pick up from our local Tesco car park , leaving the delivery slots for the less able.

When COVID was less of a thing we moved to home delivery, first was once a week with a top up shop midweek me going shop

It developed into 2 shops a week

The £84 is defo worth it , saves so much time

Absolutely, especially if you're spending that much.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tesco's Click & Collect and home deliveries really wind me up! Our Tescos seem to be the main store for these services in our area. You can hardly walk up and down the aisles because of the number of pickers filling carts for those who can't be bothered to visit the store. Now, in the past week, they have moved the drive through collection point from the back of the car park to directly outside the front door thus forcing the customers who do shop in the store to park further away. Queues at check outs are getting longer as fewer are open and the self scan ones are hopeless due to "Unidentified object in the bagging area". If we had an alternative store I would use it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We do most of our shopping at Costco. Pack of 8 chicken breasts, pack of 6 pieces of salmon, pair them up and put in the freezer. Pack of 24 Pepsi Max Cherry and 7up Free for the fridge. Probably cost us £300 for a full shop but that stuff lasts the best part of a month. Then it's only little bits a pieces you need to get from week to week.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We do most of our shopping at Costco. Pack of 8 chicken breasts, pack of 6 pieces of salmon, pair them up and put in the freezer. Pack of 24 Pepsi Max Cherry and 7up Free for the fridge. Probably cost us £300 for a full shop but that stuff lasts the best part of a month. Then it's only little bits a pieces you need to get from week to week.

Pre COVID I used to always go Smithfield's on my nights

Big bit of ribeye steak , couple boxes of chicken breasts (cheaper than Costco) cut up the steak then freeze the lot

Latest few months

Haven't been since COVID mind but I did this for the best part of a decade