The rest might as well not bother turning up.....

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes, we'll win the group but in the usual heart attack fashion; win the first, scrape a bad draw against the side everyone else is thrashing, and a must win, by one goal (probably through a dubious decision).

how long we stay thereafter will depend on the next round draw. a strong team we'll beat, a weaker one - all bets off.

the only thing I'm confident off is that at least one of our 'better' players will be cr*p, and another we desperately rely on won't even get there.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm an Englishman, and I hope we DON'T win the World Cup.

The press coverage would be a nighmare, going on and on for the rest of my life no doubt.

I don't think they will though.

Dodgy keepers, injury prone defenders and we don't really have an out and out striker.

1/4 final exit again no doubt.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
WE WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP

ok maybe the semi's

But we more chance than the Jocks

And i will be watching the group stage in Scotland

That's what you think. Repeats of Columbo are being broadcast up here when England games are scheduled :)

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
WE WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP

ok maybe the semi's

But we more chance than the Jocks

And i will be watching the group stage in Scotland

That's what you think. Repeats of Columbo are being broadcast up here when England games are scheduled :)
Really? I thought it was that Meryl Streep/Robert Redford film from the mid 80's. Out Of Africa...

:eek: Sorry

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

They were going to show a special programme called "Scotlands greatest footballing achievements" but there wasn't enough video footage to warrant it.
I mean, even the Jocks don't want a 30 minute programme padded out with 25 minutes of Andy Stewart singing about Donald and his troosers....

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Oh dear....F1 bosses worried that next years British GP may struggle attendance wise as it is on the same day as the World Cup final.....didn't think a Germany v Brazil final would affect it myself.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh dear....F1 bosses worried that next years British GP may struggle attendance wise as it is on the same day as the World Cup final.....didn't think a Germany v Brazil final would affect it myself.

actually, pish taking aside, there is an issue with this. The date of the World Cup final has been known for some considerable time and there is always(?) a 'blank' week or two in the F1 calendar. A bit 'head in the sand' here, especially as they've only just finalised the deal for the British GP.

DMC

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As a patriotic scot i would love to see us in the world cup again,would settle for the european championship,but if i cant have either i will enjoy watching Engerland getting humped by anyone (inc Tiger) at any sport. :cool:

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
As a very proud Manxman (non english man) I would like to add that I would be made up if England won the world cup, I am sure it would do wonders for the whole of the british isles, and the increased spending that follows an English run in one of the majors may help us out of the spending mess we are still in.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I too freely admit we are gash but I also freely admit I hate the Engerlish. ;)

What a lovely attitude.

Now, as an Englishman, if I made such a statement regarding the Scottish I'd be branded a racist, a bigot, a small minded fool. How is it OK for a Scotsman to make such statements? :(

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

What a lovely attitude.

Now, as an Englishman, if I made such a statement regarding the Scottish I'd be branded a racist, a bigot , a small minded fool. How is it OK for a Scotsman to make such statements? :(

Another guy talking out his arse tonight I see.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site

What a lovely attitude.

Now, as an Englishman, if I made such a statement regarding the Scottish I'd be branded a racist, a bigot , a small minded fool. How is it OK for a Scotsman to make such statements? :(

Another guy talking out his arse tonight I see.

How's that then???