The Renaissance Club

D

Deleted member 15344

Any reason why the last group are so late in going out? It's basically 4pm, same as yesterday, but that gives a finish somewhere around 8.30 I would guess. Is it for US tv?
Because they are having the disabled competition going off before them so the tee times are later

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Any reason why the last group are so late in going out? It's basically 4pm, same as yesterday, but that gives a finish somewhere around 8.30 I would guess. Is it for US tv?

I'd have said the tennis, F1 and cricket
The ten lads going out in the earlier comp will have has no impact

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines & Bethpage Black are public, you can stay & play at places like Pinehurst, but the majority are private.

Winged Foot is private, so are Shinnecock, The Country Club (Brookline), Oakmont, Merion, LA Country Club, Riviera etc

I'd argue that only one of those is really public, looking at the green fees.

sunshine

Visit site
On Radio Scotland they said it was US TV. Pretty poor that the paying public have to be there until about 9 last night and tonight to see the end. Hope there isn't a play off required as the nights are drawin' in.

What's wrong with staying til 9pm? Looks good value to me. Nobody complains when football has an evening kick off.

D

Deleted member 1147

What's wrong with staying til 9pm? Looks good value to me. Nobody complains when football has an evening kick off.
I was still at Carnoustie until past 10pm last year & it was absolutely fine viewing the final groups come in.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Did you not see that the stand at the 18th was empty on Saturday and pretty quiet last night?

I imagine (although someone will tell me I'm wrong) that some people do not want a long drive home in the dark.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you not see that the stand at the 18th was empty on Saturday and pretty quiet last night?

I imagine (although someone will tell me I'm wrong) that some people do not want a long drive home in the dark.
Even if not in the dark people may have work to go to on Monday, who knows how far they will have travelled. A finish at 7pm, the usual sort of time, is not a big deal but 9pm with a 2-3 hr drive starts to be a pain. I would not stay for the play off in those circumstances, I'd be in the car and away.

sunshine

Visit site
Even if not in the dark people may have work to go to on Monday, who knows how far they will have travelled. A finish at 7pm, the usual sort of time, is not a big deal but 9pm with a 2-3 hr drive starts to be a pain. I would not stay for the play off in those circumstances, I'd be in the car and away.

So what about going to a mid-week football match? Evening kick off, work the next day. Thousands of people seem to manage.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

I presume you havem't experienced Scottish summer evenings then! Light until very late, even in East/West Lothian!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From what I saw on the box, I can't say this was a course that screamed "play me". Totally underwhelmed by it, and an event with no atmosphere.

sunshine

Visit site
A fanatical footy crowd is different to most of the people who watch golf.

Golfers aren't fanatical? I don't understand the relevance of your point. Do you even have one?

Maybe it's a bit late if you have brought young children with you, but otherwise what's the problem with a 9pm finish?

GolfingGolfer

Visit site
To join The Renaissance Club you would need to buy a share which is currently around £140,000.00 and the yearly membership is £10,000 but it includes a spouse and a child up to the age of 27. So, actually for a family to split the yearly fee is reasonable. To be honest, having played the course once, if I had the money I would think twice about joining. I left overwhelmed by the whole experience.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
To join The Renaissance Club you would need to buy a share which is currently around £140,000.00 and the yearly membership is £10,000 but it includes a spouse and a child up to the age of 27. So, actually for a family to split the yearly fee is reasonable. To be honest, having played the course once, if I had the money I would think twice about joining. I left overwhelmed by the whole experience.
You would or you wouldn’t think twice? Please now don’t tell me how I might be able to cobble together £140k and £10k a year. I’m in wrong part of the country