The Queen, what a lovely lady

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all
I know I haven't been around for a bit, between work, uni and injuries I haven't stood a chance but I just thought I'd share my unusual day with you all.
I met the Queen today :), she was visiting our little town and while I was taking a client out we stopped to watch and she just happened to stop right in front of us and we had a brief conversation, I thought she would have been all hoity toity but no she was very down to earth and generally very nice and easy to talk to.
Unfortunetaly my phone hasn't got a camera on it otherwise I would've got a pic or two but just having the memories is worth it.
GOD BLESS THE QUEEN :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Actually my sister in law use to work for Diana and HID went to pick her up from Windsor Castle and was sitting in her car (getting more and more looks from the staff and guards) when a woman in jumper and jeans tapped on the the window and asked her if she had seen her little boy. It was Diana looking for William who had run off somewhere. She stopped and chatted with HID for a few minutes and apparently was really natural and friendly an very un-royal like

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Actually my sister in law use to work for Diana and HID went to pick her up from Windsor Castle and was sitting in her car (getting more and more looks from the staff and guards) when a woman in jumper and jeans tapped on the the window and asked her if she had seen her little boy. It was Diana looking for William who had run off somewhere. She stopped and chatted with HID for a few minutes and apparently was really natural and friendly an very un-royal like
She can't have been too concerned about the boy if she stopped to chat :eek:

I met Princess Anne and got the impression that it is the aides that impose all the protocol crap. One came around before HRH made her entrance, he explained what we could and couldn't do/say and how to address her. B*££*££$ to that, when she came up to me I just said "are you alright luv"? she gave me a wry smile and said a few words then moved on.
I have a photo and the 3 others that are with me look absolutely stunned and half expected me to be carted off to the tower.