The ooh, that's a daft score thread

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Of course, all handicaps are legit, there are no cheats of any kind, so this thread is to get all reports of excellent play (😜) play in one place. They currently get lost in whs and rules waffle.

Weston-super-Mare today. Tough pins, tough conditions. Pairs comp, 50 points was the winning score. Poor souls failed to net birdie 4 holes, maybe their handicaps were too low. 😢 Jolly well played.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course, all handicaps are legit, there are no cheats of any kind, so this thread is to get all reports of excellent play (😜) play in one place. They currently get lost in whs and rules waffle.

Weston-super-Mare today. Tough pins, tough conditions. Pairs comp, 50 points was the winning score. Poor souls failed to net birdie 4 holes, maybe their handicaps were too low. 😢 Jolly well played.
Outrageous.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had a Charity Day a few weeks back...teams of 4, best 2 Stableford scores to count..
Winning team came in with......

96 points....and they won it on countback....

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site

We had a Charity Day a few weeks back...teams of 4, best 2 Stableford scores to count..
Winning team came in with......

96 points....and they won it on countback....
Getting a bit worried about our place,

Pairs Comp yesterday, winning score 50pts

Last sunday. Team of 4, best 2 Stableford scores to count, 97pts won it.

😂😂

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
We had a seniors staBleford comp back in April when the old codger in second place went out in 13 points and back in 16 points. (me)
To be beaten by an even older coffin dodger who went out in 10 points and back in a totally outrageous 19 points.
28 idiots turned out in the most awful conditions. Scores were so daft, it was made non-qualifying for handicaps.

240425 seniors.jpg

I may have misunderstood the purpose of this thread.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
We had a seniors staBleford comp back in April when the old codger in second place went out in 13 points and back in 16 points.
To be beaten by an even older coffin dodger who went out in 10 points and back in a totally outrageous 19 points.
28 idiots turned out in the most awful conditions.

View attachment 55065

I may have misunderstood the purpose of this thread.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Maybe not best to post people’s scores on a public forum in that way

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I once ran a society event where I got 40 points (winning the gross). And was 11th. The winner got 48 and was called a bandit by the runner-up who got 47. Who then won the kettle-pot award for doing so.

I also once shot a gross 64, one below the course record in a roll-up... and lost on countback to a 26 handicapper. Luckily after 10 years I can see the funny side.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

One of my best, most satisfying rounds was a medal around W-S-M.
16 pars and 2 birdies on a testing/windy day.
I did not feature in the prizes.

NearHull

Visit site
Many years ago at my previous course, my wife and I turned in a 47pts in a Mixed Foursomes. Never played like it before or after. I was embarrassed and said so in my thank you speech.

wjemather

Visit site
FWIW, the leading two scores were from Weston members & their handicap committee is certainly one of the more diligent out there - they have already been busy this morning ensuring everything from the comp is as it should be.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
FWIW, the leading two scores were from Weston members & their handicap committee is certainly one of the more diligent out there - they have already been busy this morning ensuring everything from the comp is as it should be.
Good to hear. I assume the machinery will issue an appropriate handicap adjustment.

Hot days happen, that's jolly hot.

wjemather

Visit site
Good to hear. I assume the machinery will issue an appropriate handicap adjustment.

Hot days happen, that's jolly hot.
Yes. Unusually, for both pairs, each player had the counting score on exactly 9 holes, so all four players had a qualifying score for handicapping.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Many (many) years ago (1985 I think) I had a nett 59 in the club’s qualifier for Golf World magazine’s Club Golfer of the Year. Got me into the finals played over two days at Tewkesbury Park (Hotel and Golf Club).

I had only recently got my first handicap - though I was 26 and had played for many years without ever getting a hcap.…and with a h/cap of 13 I was (rapidly) settling/coming down from my first h/cap of 16. I think I got cut 3 shots to 10.

IIRC everyone in the final had had a nett of 61 or better.