The Monuments Men

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I want to see this one. It seems to tell a story most people are not familiar with. I realised the Nazi's stole and plundered all across Europe but I didn't know that there were a group of people who were dedicated to giving this art back to it's rightfull owners instead of just stealing it back and keeping it for itself.

DCB

Visit site
Saw it on Friday night. Didn't think it was a Kelly's Heros remake at all. It's a good story based on actual events and is told in a good manner. Well worth seeing.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you seen Captain Phillips? Was thinking of giving it a go tonight.

Got Captain Philips to watch just ain't had time yet, supposed to be really good as well.
Reviews for Monuments Men aren't too hot, probably one of those I'll wait until it's on the tv.

On another note, watched Take Shelter last night, really good film.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got Captain Philips to watch just ain't had time yet, supposed to be really good as well.
Reviews for Monuments Men aren't too hot, probably one of those I'll wait until it's on the tv.

On another note, watched Take Shelter last night, really good film.

I can't believe someone has made a film about Captain Mark Phillips!!!!
;)

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched Captain Phillips this afternoon with HID thanks to her sister taking the kids out for us. Both of us weren't overly impressed, it was decent and Hanks as usual delivers a good performance but the film itself just wasn't great. It's another where all the best bits are in trailers.