The forums best holes

D

Deleted member 23270

I don't like the Woburn car park, always feel very inferior when I step out of my car and look at some of the exotica parked around me :cry:

Wolf

Visit site
Won't be a worse car park anywhere than Dundonald.
South Kyme, no tarmac just old broken tarmac with large pot holes and broken low level chains along with concrete posts you can see so could easily hit. Or the over flow is literally a field ?

My home club till just this month, hood welcoming members and a nice little challenge of course generally well looked after makes up for crap car park though.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cant beat a nice chevron on an irregular shaped car park, for twofold reasons. It still keeps everyone in check, so its not chaos, but are also a sign of beauty if done correctly.

It shows that there is a God, a low twilight sun still bouncing light onto a dusky haze as you go home, keeps you coming back for more.Smashing.(y)

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is playability part of this 'course'?

I'm surprised at the calls for a Par 3 in the first two/three holes, this'll be a serious bottleneck with people bitching about pace before they've even teed off at the 1st
S&A first hole is a par 3 .
It can be a beast off the back tee.

D

Deleted member 15344

So what hole next

Currently we are at

1. Old Course.................Par 4
2. Ardglass.....................Par 3
3. Royal C Ports..............Par 5
4. Old Head....................Par 4
5. Sheringham................Par 4
6 . Sunningdale New .......Par 5
7. Royal Portrush.............Par 5
8. Troon .........................Par 3
9. Royal County Down ......Par 4
10. Sunningdale Old ........Par 4

for Hole 11 I nominated Hillside Par 5 and Craw nominated par 3 at Castle Stuart

as for car parks - Littlestone is up there with Hunstanton

sunshine

Visit site
Woburn has a very nice car park, the views are not good but lovely kerbing and line marking ;)

As a modern course, Woburn car park bays are sufficiently wide to cope with the Chelsea tractors.

The problem with some of the older courses is that they are at risk of becoming obsolete, the car park is running out of space to keep up with modern technology. No space for my bentayga ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
So what hole next

Currently we are at

1. Old Course.................Par 4
2. Ardglass.....................Par 3
3. Royal C Ports..............Par 5
4. Old Head....................Par 4
5. Sheringham................Par 4
6 . Sunningdale New .......Par 5
7. Royal Portrush.............Par 5
8. Troon .........................Par 3
9. Royal County Down ......Par 4
10. Sunningdale Old ........Par 4

for Hole 11 I nominated Hillside Par 5 and Craw nominated par 3 at Castle Stuart

as for car parks - Littlestone is up there with Hunstanton
Back to back par 5's and three on the front nine. 37 par front nine, Bad planning ?:unsure: To be fair 6th at Sunningdale New is really only a par 4.;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a modern course, Woburn car park bays are sufficiently wide to cope with the Chelsea tractors.

The problem with some of the older courses is that they are at risk of becoming obsolete, the car park is running out of space to keep up with modern technology. No space for my bentayga ;)
If you have a Bentley you can have two spaces! That’s the law.