The Force Awakens - possible spoilers

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Re: The Force Awakens

No. Adam Driver is playing Kylo Ren.

David Prowse played Darth Vader but they used a different voice and a different face.....

TBH, I can see there being a few twists and turns and we're going to be trying to guess them all the way to the release date.

Knowing JJ Abrams, there will be a probably be a cliffhanger or unfinished thread ready to lead into the next film as well.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I remember going the pictures with my cousin and our nan to see the "Empire strikes back"., when I was 10.

We sat on the front row, right off to the side, right by the booming speakers.

My nan was asleep in 10 minutes flat. Nan's eh - sleep anywhere.:thup:

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site

I am absurdly excited about this! Growing up in the late 70's / 80's Star Wars was a massive part of my childhood. It still is now - I am a proper Star Wars Nerd and make no excuses or apologies for it!

Tickets booked for the day it comes out, although I had to settle for a later showing on the 1st day rather than the 00:01 start.

Roll on the 17th of December!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Mine are booked for 18th as I had that day booked off. Premium seats the lot. Lunch before, beers after, perfect day

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Frustrating but I've no idea what the release date will be here, it might coincide with the ROTW but could be a few days or a week later :angry:

On the plus side I'll probably see the DVD on sale in Jan :smirk:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

The whole Star Wars thing has left me cold from the very beginning. Can't get into it or understand the hoopla. Clearly me on my own!

Not on your own Homer. I'm of the right generation, but it's never done anything for me. Not seen any at the pictures, and not actually sure if I've seen any all the way through.

Don't get the hoop-la about James Bond either.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Tickets booked for the opening night :) Don't get much bigger fan than me, however the boss said I am not allowed to dress up when we go lol :)

Regarding Luke, I have heard the rumours he is a bad guy but also he is in hiding (sort of a recluse) and getting within his Jedi skills (being the last one alive) a bit like when Yoda living in the swamps of dagobah.

If you watch the latest trailer with han and the new young stars it looks as if they are heading to some old temple. I personally believe that the republic are looking for Luke to help them overthrown the rising of the new empire !

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Tickets booked for the opening night :) Don't get much bigger fan than me, however the boss said I am not allowed to dress up when we go lol :)

Regarding Luke, I have heard the rumours he is a bad guy but also he is in hiding (sort of a recluse) and getting within his Jedi skills (being the last one alive) a bit like when Yoda living in the swamps of dagobah.

If you watch the latest trailer with han and the new young stars it looks as if they are heading to some old temple. I personally believe that the republic are looking for Luke to help them overthrown the rising of the new empire !

There is a bit in the trailer where you see R2D2 and a person knelt beside him with a bionic hand resting on R2... So likely that luke is in hiding.

Already booked for the midnight showing.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Philly169 and Kellfire please don't mention the film on here when you go as not seeing it until the afternoon lol

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Huge Star wars fan and have close links to Mark Hamill. Not the one in the movie - my brother :)

Surname is Hamill and he was a Star Wars nut when we were kids. I actually enjoyed the Phantom Menace too! one of the rare few. My brother in law is also a mega fan - he has a full replica of the Bobba fett costume and does Star Wars events here and in Europe.

Great trailer - had the hairs standing on my neck - cant wait for it

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Premiered last night but nobody is allowed to post reviews until Thursday. However, they are allowed to Tweet their non-spoilery reactions and the chatter so far is really good. General verdict is that it's great. :D

Booked in at the Glasgow IMAX on Saturday and I'm starting to let the full force of the hype run through me. Can't wait.