The elusive answer to fat shots?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On Twitter earlier, I came across a training aid called fat plate golf. It's essentially a loft/lie board (with various ball markers to hit from) you hit off with the aim of missing the back plate to avoid the dreaded chunk.

The item itself has came across well in reviews I've seen. Myself, however I have a few reservations. 1, it's looks far to chunky sitting high off the floor and 2, after loads of fats and the scuffs covering the board, how would you know where you hit it?

They also have a fat plate lite which looks a better idea (imo) basically it's a thin square elongated horseshoe. This is the one that interests me but with me being frugile, I'm gonna make my own :) when tiling floors a use a 6mm pro board which is firm enough to take a few hits but soft enough not to damage clubs.

No more fatted wedges for me...

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For £65 or £35 for the lite version as well as a ladies version in dark pink because all lady golfers must have everything in pink!!

Also a sand version and coming soon a putter, shank and driver version I think it’s all a bit ‘I saw you coming antiques‘ from Harry and Paul.