The collapsing left knee... The Rory side-effect

V

vkurup

This one is difficult to visualise without a video. I will try and film it if I havent fixed it already.

I blame this on Rors and his ability to hit it miles. I think i might have seen or read one too many instructions around this. Over the last few rounds I think I am starting my downswing with the left knee moving away first. This is becoming more and more prominent and now in my head I think my left knee is 'collapsing' as I start my downswing. This has resulted in my gentle fade to start becoming a slice. This is very helpful esp on right doglegs.

In my last round, I made an effort to keep my left knee from falling away and got back my straight drives. My theory is that while the left knee moving is probably the correct thing, it does not work well for me. Fundamentally this is because I dont have a back swing, but rather have a back lift (blame 30+ years of playing cricket).

I tried to film it, but as luck would have it, I did not collapse the knee in the video and managed to PULL my drive - which is rare. However you can see how my back swing/lift works to get me about 230y of drives.

[video]https://youtu.be/WMmYcCOu7ME[/video]