The Best Net Score In A Medal

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, after a 49 points winning on Tuesday and me withdrawing from future comps under protest, guess what won today?

A net......wait for it.........54 !!!!!!! with 61/62 chasing him in. You gotta laugh when a 63 gets nowt!

So then, beat that !

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Holy cow! I'd be looking for a new club if I were you. I'd not want to play in any comps if those are the winning scores.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I shot a gross 66 once playing off 5 for a nett 61. (Par was 70). I came 3rd?. The winner had a nett 58. All I can remember is that there was not a breath of wind and the greens were absolutely pure. An easy day for scoring well.

RRidges

Visit site
Well, after a 49 points winning on Tuesday and me withdrawing from future comps under protest, guess what won today?

A net......wait for it.........54 !!!!!!! with 61/62 chasing him in. You gotta laugh when a 63 gets nowt!

So then, beat that !
So much for the 'Never Give Up. Never Surrender' in your sig!
Ignore what the winners score. Just worry about your own score!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So much for the 'Never Give Up. Never Surrender' in your sig!
Ignore what the winners score. Just worry about your own score!
“Ignoring a winners score”.
If someone goes round in a net 54 the last thing that that should be done is ignore it. ?

RRidges

Visit site
“Ignoring a winners score”.
If someone goes round in a net 54 the last thing that that should be done is ignore it. ?
My view, these days, has generally been...'Does it directly affect me?' and given that he answer is likely to be 'No', I'll generally ignore such things and/or leave it to those whose role it is maintain the integrity of comps to actually do so.

It might be relevant that some of the folk I encounter on the street don't seem very bright but are openly carrying lethal weapons mind.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seniors comp.
Never give up .... when I'm involved, but if the odds are stacked against you before starting then it's prudent to gracefully withdraw.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

So then, beat that !

What were their handicaps?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My view, these days, has generally been...'Does it directly affect me?' and given that he answer is likely to be 'No', I'll generally ignore such things and/or leave it to those whose role it is maintain the integrity of comps to actually do so.

It might be relevant that some of the folk I encounter on the street don't seem very bright but are openly carrying lethal weapons mind.
It does directly affect you if you are paying money into the comp with absolutely no chance of winning.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The 54 guy got docked 11 shots. The Stableford guy MUST have been protecting his handicap as he finished with 7,6,6,6. Imagine what his score would have been if he had tried! 53 in The Stableford

Springveldt

Visit site
63 off 7 handicap, says the tankard holding the pens on my desk.
Which wouldn’t even have got you 3rd at the thread starters place.

I had a net 64 on Wednesday off of 9. Matched my best ever net scores (and was my best ever gross score) as I’ve had 64 off of 15 and 12 as well. I’ve won twice with them, lost once as someone came in with a 62.