The 3 cars you'd put in your garage

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sorry but a Ferrari Estate is just wrong...
It's a bit like having a Lada Riva Sport or a Caterham Super 7 Comfort......:ROFLMAO:

I knew I had a picture of the Ferrari Breadvan, just took a wee while to find it! Best Ferrari Estate ever. (y)

EnhUX5R.jpg

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Killing time until next meeting, so I thought resurrect this thread and update my choice:
  1. Rimac Nevera
  2. Zenvo TSR-S
  3. McMurtry Speirling
It's all about the speed! Not alot of space in these cars for golf clubs!!

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a big car person. We'd have one SUV type thing for getting all the baby stuff in. Maybe a Volvo or a Kia. I'd have something a little bigger than my current Fiesta so I could fit my golf clubs in across-ways rather than through the back seat - probably a hybrid. Maybe a Toyota C-HR? I like the look of them. And the third one would be a convertible for the wife to run around in.

RichA

Visit site
I'm not a big car person. We'd have one SUV type thing for getting all the baby stuff in. Maybe a Volvo or a Kia. I'd have something a little bigger than my current Fiesta so I could fit my golf clubs in across-ways rather than through the back seat - probably a hybrid. Maybe a Toyota C-HR? I like the look of them. And the third one would be a convertible for the wife to run around in.
This made me laugh and think you've completely missed the point.
Then I realised that I'm no longer that bothered about cars.
With an unlimited budget I'd hunt down my old XJ model Jeep Cherokee and get it retro-modded with modern brakes, suspension, electronics and have the 4 litre engine rebuilt and tuned to actually perform like a modern 4 litre straight 6 rather than coughing out 180bhp.
It probably wouldn't even be that expensive, financially. Could be problematic maritally though

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This made me laugh and think you've completely missed the point.
Then I realised that I'm no longer that bothered about cars.
With an unlimited budget I'd hunt down my old XJ model Jeep Cherokee and get it retro-modded with modern brakes, suspension, electronics and have the 4 litre engine rebuilt and tuned to actually perform like a modern 4 litre straight 6 rather than coughing out 180bhp.
It probably wouldn't even be that expensive, financially. Could be problematic maritally though
I haven't, it's just that no matter how much money I had, I still wouldn't spend more than I needed to. I wouldn't see the point in that. A comfortable car that performs well is all I'd ask for really. Don't need a big one either, smaller cars are easier to drive and park. (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The scary thing, I've just checked back at my post back in 2019, but before I did I thought about the answer. I had two out of the 3 already down and the third is the one I said I would probably get in reality. Nothing has really changed in 4 years :oops:

PaulMdj

Visit site
Killing time until next meeting, so I thought resurrect this thread and update my choice:
  1. Rimac Nevera
  2. Zenvo TSR-S
  3. McMurtry Speirling
Sounds incredible, nah, I’m lying, never heard of any of them.😂🤷‍♂️

D

Deleted member 29109

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

My son asks me this at least once per week. And the answer is always. It depends.

Money and running cost being no object the first two are easy.

McLaren F1 LM - for occasional sunny weekends
Full Fat Range Rover SV - daily family wagon

After that it’s a difficult choice.
More occasional use than the F1
A normal McLaren F1 for daily duties 😁
F40
Zonda R - for track days
Zonda Cinque Roadster
Bugatti Mistral

Or something that can be used regularly than the above, but still fast and loud.

Too many to choose from

sunshine

Visit site
  1. Rimac Nevera
  2. Zenvo TSR-S
  3. McMurtry Speirling

Oh my days! What terrible names for cars. :ROFLMAO:

1. Nevera is Spanish for fridge, I'm picturing an estate car with a big white fridge sticking out of the boot.
2. Zenvo sounds like a dodgy Chinese website selling cheap knock offs. But because I'm already thinking about fridges I can't help but picture a Zanussi fridge with a Titleist TSR driver inside.
3. McMurtry Speirling sounds like an American sports broadcaster or some comedy character.

I'm sure they are great cars, but I genuinely have tears in my eyes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

crdb

Visit site
What i'd dream to own:
1: Porsche Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
2: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
3: Audi R8 V10

What I actually own:
2008 Honda Civic :LOL:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh my days! What terrible names for cars. :ROFLMAO:

1. Nevera is Spanish for fridge, I'm picturing an estate car with a big white fridge sticking out of the boot.
2. Zenvo sounds like a dodgy Chinese website selling cheap knock offs. But because I'm already thinking about fridges I can't help but picture a Zanussi fridge with a Titleist TSR driver inside.
3. McMurtry Speirling sounds like an American sports broadcaster or some comedy character.

I'm sure they are great cars, but I genuinely have tears in my eyes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
LOL!
  1. Nevera is Croatian for storm
  2. Zenvo is a Danish firm and I agree :ROFLMAO:
  3. And yes, I agree! :ROFLMAO:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Volvo EX90 as the family car (once available)
Porsche 911 Carrera GTS (for everyday use)
Caterham 420R - For blatting around country lanes in the summer, not track (hence why not the 620, which would be insane on a road....).

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't, it's just that no matter how much money I had, I still wouldn't spend more than I needed to. I wouldn't see the point in that. A comfortable car that performs well is all I'd ask for really. Don't need a big one either, smaller cars are easier to drive and park. (y)
Your chauffeur does that for you when you have money.💰