Texas Scramble

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played in a society Texas scramble, great bunch of lads. 3 a side, drawn out at random, but ensuring an even spread of talent on each team. I was drawn out with the wife and a nice lad. The challenge was that we all had to get 6 drive in each. There were no spare. After a six holes we were going well but the lad did'nt have any drives in due to his MASSIVE slice. We managed to get one of his of his drives in on the 8th as he somehow drew the ball??????? over trees giving us a shot in. How the lad had a really good swing, well I thought so, and his iron play was great. So on the 10th tee, and I had to do something, I told him to turn his club a little to make it like a draw driver, and not to wrrry and just hit as normal. BOOM! He crushed it a mile with a slight fade into the middle of the fairway. He took the next two drives as well. He also liked to do the 56 deg flop shot from 50 yards out and only hitting the ball 30 yards, but 100 yards up!!!! On one hole we were at the back of the green for two with the flag 15 yards away. Out came his 56 deg. "Put that back" I said and got his 9 iron out and explained the shot to him. Two from the flag!!!!! Another eye opener!
We ended up with him having the last drive. We followed the same routine we had for the previous 17 holes and didn't say a word to him. He smashed it a mile down the middle. We won by three shots (gross 67) and it could have actually been a lot more. Our H/C were me 13, wife 36, him 28 (he could play to MUCH better now his driving has been fixed). Wife and lad putted like demons, which is a good job as I'm useless at putting. It was a brilliant display of team work, but the best bit was us (him) getting the trophy which he never let go of and went home with!!!!!:thup::D

Anyone else need a lesson? :thup:

PS The greens were VERY VERY FAST !!!!! IN EARLY MAY !!!!