Tennis Player Goes Mental

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd call it a mega-tantrum. :p

Seriously though, the umpire looked pretty scared, and a slight miscue could have hit his leg and broken his shin. That absolutely isn't on - definitely a long ban coming I should think.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd call it a mega-tantrum. :p

Seriously though, the umpire looked pretty scared, and a slight miscue could have hit his leg and broken his shin. That absolutely isn't on - definitely a long ban coming I should think.

He looked like he wanted to hit the umpire at one point but changed his mind. Lad had a shocker there ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Now that is Mental.
Actually, length of ban aside, it's not as much of a copout as some believe. It's a fairly effective method of getting him to change his behaviour - which has been pretty poor all his career. It worked fairly well with Nick Kyrgios, who was(/is?) another stick of dynamite waiting to be lit.
He's now forced to behave properly for the next 6 months, otherwise the ban will kick in. I'm sure that the authorities are hoping that that works and his flare-ups are managed as they should be. Given his 'previous', I'm not certain that it'll be a success, but there's nothing lost if it doesn't.