Tempo timers

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Has anybody had any experience with these?

Either the ones with the really whippy or hinged shafts

I have a bad habit of tending to snatch on the transistion, leading to an over the top movement, hoping one of these gadgets might work?....

Thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nope but I use the tour tempo CD which has 6 tracks per speed. 27/9 is the slowest, 24/8 the medium which is where I swing best and 21/7 if you have a really fast swing. Got it on the Ipod and just use it at the range every few months to keep the timing on track or if I feel it is gettin out of synch and too fast

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi homer,

sounds like i might have to give try that....

do you find it helps your ball strike, direction etc?

where did you download/buy it ?

thanks

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It helps just get everything working together. The tracks have 3 distinct beats. The first is for the start of the backswing, the second indicates the start of the down swing and the last is impact. The key is not to pre-empt the beats and only go when you hear them. Takes a bit of practice but worth it. I got the CD as a burned copy from my teaching pro. Not sure where he got it from but I guess the Tour Tempo website may have it

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
I just count 1 aaand 2. with the 'aaand' bit being a slight pause at the top to ensure my bottom
half starts before my shouders.

I also like to have the feeling that the club is a fly fishing rod and the pause at the top is just enough
time to to let the line catch up before I cast out. (i'm aware that 'cast out' is a terrible term to use in the golf swing, but you know what i mean :)... i hope.)

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Would a metronome not work just the same ?

Not really, the metronome is a steady beat, the tempo of a golf swing is pretty much 3:1 ratio so using a metronome would be pretty hard.

You can also try saying Sevriano Ballesteros, Start on Se The downswing starts on Ster.

Lots of sayings to suit each, I used my own name, Changed it by deed poll to 'Cant swing for Toffee' It never worked.