Tee shot woes

njt1986

Visit site
Hi all, anyone have any experience with just completely losing all ability to hit the ball from the tee before?

I played a couple of rounds over the weekend with mates and, other than the Par 3’s, I couldn’t get the ball off the tee!

I was shanking it, viciously hooking it, mega slices into different counties, skying them, topping them and, I think across 36 holes, I only managed 2 straight drives. One was the very first hole, one was the 5th hole on the 2nd day.

I tried Driver, 3W, Hybrid, 4i ... even a 6i just to get it in play further than 100yds and honestly I couldn’t. The rest of my game was fine, I actually shot both rounds the same as my last couple of rounds when I drove it better but the rest of my game was dogs**t. I found it so frustrating to top it 40yds, then crack a 3W off the deck 200yds and rescue bogey or double bogey at worst - then on the driving range yesterday, smacking them near-perfect ... it’s so frustrating.

If you’ve experienced this before, how did you resolve it? Did you just soldier through and do the best you could? Did it just naturally come back? Something else? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and thanks to the guys who previously gave me advice on my approach/chipping on, that advice worked SO WELL across those two rounds and rescued me massively! So thank you

njt1986

Visit site
Generally about a 7, if there’s a particularly wide fairway/no danger I’ll maybe tee it up a little higher and go to an 8 or a 9.

The other day I deliberately tried to swing well within myself on the second round, maybe a 5/6 to try and control the club and face more, to try and almost gently knock it down the middle a little lower

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would guess you are swaying a fair bit which will account for the inconsistency at impact.
If you can, film yourself from face on and see if your head moves on the backswing or stays still like the young fella below