Technology help required...

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking for some help with my satnav...

Have upgraded my Garmin (or tried to :confused:) but when I log into garmin site to transfer over updated maps I keep getting this message.

We're sorry. Your web browser, Internet Explorer v11.0 (trident v7.0) 32bit on Microsoft Windows 10 64bit, is not configured to support map downloads.

We can help you adjust your browser security settings to add my.garmin.com as a trusted site. This will allow you to download your map. Instructions for Adding a Trusted Site

I have followed the instructions to add a trusted site but still no joy.

Any of the techie heads any ideas on how I could fix this.

I am using a windows 10 laptop but with the old version of start menu (shell???)

Would I need to revert back to the windows 10 start menu and if so how do I do that?

Cheers in advance. :thup:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry, can't help with the question as it is, but I would try installing chrome and downloading via that before I started messing about too much with IE.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I try on Chrome...

Chrome No Longer Supports this Plugin

The page you are trying to access no longer works with this web browser. To help, Garmin has created a secure shortcut to open the Internet Explorer web browser on your computer and take you safely to the Garmin.com page you need.

Download Shortcut for Internet Explorer

To continue without the shortcut, simply find Internet Explorer in the list of programs on your computer, open it, and paste this URL in the address bar:

https://my.garmin.com/gcpInstall/ch...vice.htm?updatingCommodityId=7000102407509078

This page uses the Garmin Communicator Plugin to transfer data between your Garmin device and your computer. However, Chrome no longer supports plugins. Learn why. Internet Explorer is a web browser which supports plugins, and we recommend it for this page on Garmin.com.