TaylorMade superquad

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
This driver is pure class! I liked the look of it when the early pictures were released but after hitting one this week it really is as good as it looks. It sits so nicely over the ball and flies very,very long.

The tough question is what do I go for- a SuperQuad or a Titleist 907 which looks just as awesome?

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are so many interesting drivers coming out at the moment- going to struggle if i decide to update before the season really gets going!
Any one tried the new Callaway? Not sure about the looks but the technology sounds like it could work.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Paul09 - Do you think the superquad is an improvement on the original r7quad, (longer, straighter, etc...), or just another me too version? I have not tried the superquad yet, but still have the original, which in my opinion has been the best driver ever made (including all the newer versions).

I also will be deciding between the titleist 907 and the superquad next month. I like the fact that the face sits square on the 907, whilst I am not sure on the superquad. The face is closed on the standard versions, and open on the TP versions. Why can't they make a version that sits square?

Any one seen the new Callaway big bertha driver. The face is so closed I am amazed the ball flight misses your ankles.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Murph- i had the same preconceptions as you- that the Super Quad was just a jazzed up version of the R7 but it really was far more forgiving and seemed to fly further- not to mention that it looks so so good.

You're right the 907 sits so nicely over the ball and as good as the super quad is i think im going for the titleist. It good to see that both manufacturers have upped really their game with their new drivers!

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
I hit the new square nike the other day for the first time and all i can say is wow. 270 yds off the tee. Sounded horrible, looked worse but who cares when it's going straight down the middle for that amount!